Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

MPenn6
Participant

Trigger Deal workflow if a line item is modified

SOLVE

I have a little webhook script that can calculate sales tax and insert it in as a line item for a deal. I can trigger it on deal creation. However, I need to trigger it anytime a line item is modified or added.  I can't seem to re-enroll a deal into a workflow based on a line item change. Am I missing something? Is there a workaround?

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPenn6,

Out of the box this isn't possible, unfortunately. Re-enrollment can only be triggered by a property on the object that the workflow is based on.

One option would be to also update a custom deal property, let's call it Refresh, on the deal object with your script. At the end of the deal-based workflow it would be cleared. Whenever there is a line item change, it would be set to yes.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

MPenn6
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

That's a very good idea. Thanks!

Also, I realized that I can play off of an amount change on the deal. That also allows me to re-enroll the deal.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPenn6,

Out of the box this isn't possible, unfortunately. Re-enrollment can only be triggered by a property on the object that the workflow is based on.

One option would be to also update a custom deal property, let's call it Refresh, on the deal object with your script. At the end of the deal-based workflow it would be cleared. Whenever there is a line item change, it would be set to yes.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MPenn6
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

That's a very good idea. Thanks!

Also, I realized that I can play off of an amount change on the deal. That also allows me to re-enroll the deal.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello, @MPenn6 I would like to invite some of our top experts to share their ideas @SMertens @webdew @Josh any recommendations to @MPenn6 matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes