Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

KurppaHosk
Membre

Syncing leads status in Contacts with Companies

Résolue

Rookie question: When I update a lead status in Contacts, how come the status change is not visible when I go to Companies? Is there a way to see the the status update in both contacts and companies when one of the other is updated? (my contacts are already synced with the corressponding companies). Thanks!

1 Solution acceptée
Leslie_Vanco
Solution
Contributeur

Résolue

Well, definitely not a rookie question because I didn't even know about that field!  It looks like the ability to control the synch of Lead Status between Contact and Company is not established under the Contacts and Companies settings the way HubSpot Owner and Lifecycle Stage are.  I would log a feature request for that.  In the meantime, it looks like you can DIY it via workflow - create a workflow to copy the Contact Lead Status to the Company Lead Status.  The only thing I can think of to trigger the workflow is Last Modified Date of the Contact record, because I guess Lead Status can change frequently.  Good Luck!

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

15 Réponses
digitalkrewe
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

The lead status does not copy between objects. You can set a workflow to copy the lead status property from contact to company and/or vice versa

I treat the workflow for lead status the same as I do for other workflows where I have contact properties copy to company properties, or company properties to contact properties. 

Depending on your need, you may want to setup two workflows:

1. You can setup a workflow to fill the lead status company property if it is unknown, and the contact property is known. Then, copy the value in the contact's lead status property to the company's lead status property.

2. Create a workflow to copy the lead status property as you update it on the contact record.

EL_Rhino
Membre

Résolue

Hi - do you have any thoughts or solutions for creating such a workflow when multiple Contacts ara associated with the same Company and you wish to take the 'highest' Lead Status? E.g., Contact A and Contact B are associated with Company X. Contact A is a "Lead" Lead Status and Contact B is an "Opportunity" Lead Status - thus I want to copy Opportunity to Company X as it is further along the funnel.

Thanks!

BKawka
Participant

Résolue

Could you show me exmaple of the worklfow that copies the contact lead status to associated company? I encounter a problem beacuse hubspot seem to think that contact lead status and company lead status are not the same( basiclly says that company lead status doesnt have "dq not interested" option even though it does) and is not able to copy.

Thanks in advance

0 Votes
kvlschaefer
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @BKawka,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Are you seeing a "This property is missing the following values" error when you hover over the lead status? 

Can you share screenshots with the community please so we can understand the issue you are running into?

Thanks!

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Votes
BKawka
Participant

Résolue

Well with hubspot support i managed to find a root of this problem and its the internal value of "dq not interest" which is not the same and thats why i couldnt copy between them, no i my problem is i cant change the internal value so its the same.

Leslie_Vanco
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi @KurppaHosk, do you want to see the Lifecycle Stage actually synch - like when you update Contact status to Opportunity, Company also moves to Opportunity?  Or do you mean that you would like to see the note of "James Smith's Lifecycle Stage changed from MQL to Opportunity" to be viewable on James Smith's associated Company record?

KurppaHosk
Membre

Résolue

Hi Leslie,

It's actually the "Lead status", here is an example:

I go to a contact, John Smith smith@nike.com, and update the lead status to "Connected". When I go into Companies and select "Nike", the lead status is empty and only shows a line "-". Hope This helps?

Leslie_Vanco
Solution
Contributeur

Résolue

Well, definitely not a rookie question because I didn't even know about that field!  It looks like the ability to control the synch of Lead Status between Contact and Company is not established under the Contacts and Companies settings the way HubSpot Owner and Lifecycle Stage are.  I would log a feature request for that.  In the meantime, it looks like you can DIY it via workflow - create a workflow to copy the Contact Lead Status to the Company Lead Status.  The only thing I can think of to trigger the workflow is Last Modified Date of the Contact record, because I guess Lead Status can change frequently.  Good Luck!

Saper
Contributeur

Résolue

There are a couple of issues doing this when there are multiple contacts in a given company and the relationship with the contacts are independent each other. So what you want to do is something like "if at least one contact is in-progress then the company lead status is in-progress, but if all contacts are closed the company lead status is closed". HubSpot doesn't allow setting up automation for such cases (I'm not sure about the possibilities with custom JavaScript with the OpearationsHub though).

The other problem for automating the lead status stuff is usually the workflow re-enrollment. When you set the last modified date for something like less than xyz days ago, you can't use it for workflow re-enrollment. Instead it needs to be something like last modified date is known. If you can't use the triggers for re-enrollment, you can't actually use the workflow for automating lead status as it is something quite dynamic (i.e. you need to switch it multiple times to the same value for a given contact).

So once again, HubSpot features "seem to be there", but in reality they are nt functional at all.This sync between company and contact lead status is quite important actually for SalesOps, because manually managin those is a very very unnecessary burden for sales reps and usually they simply don't deal with it at all.

YoelBen-Avraham
Contributeur

Résolue

Contact Lead-Status Highly-Engaged - Assign Company Lead-Status Highly-Engaged.pngIt's not elegant and it doesn't answer every situation but it's the best I could come up with. To be honest I don't use the Company Lead-Status (at this point in time) I just decided to use this as a Trigger for which Companies to set Target-Account -> True.

kvlschaefer

Résolue

Thanks for sharing this workflow with us, @YoelBen-Avraham!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Votes
Slath
Membre

Résolue

Hi there - do you know of a way to do this without workflow as its not included in the sales starter subscription? thanks!

HubSpotMaster
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

When you set up workflows like this, how are you setting up the trigger, last modified date is less than 1 day ago? How do you set to run the workflow anytime the modified date changes?

HubSpotMaster

Résolue

@MFrankJohnson  Any thoughts on this? Keeping Lead Status between contacts and companies?

KurppaHosk
Membre

Résolue

Cheers!