Syncing leads status in Contacts with Companies

SOLVE
KurppaHosk

Rookie question: When I update a lead status in Contacts, how come the status change is not visible when I go to Companies? Is there a way to see the the status update in both contacts and companies when one of the other is updated? (my contacts are already synced with the corressponding companies). Thanks!

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Leslie_Vanco
Solution
Contributor

Well, definitely not a rookie question because I didn't even know about that field!  It looks like the ability to control the synch of Lead Status between Contact and Company is not established under the Contacts and Companies settings the way HubSpot Owner and Lifecycle Stage are.  I would log a feature request for that.  In the meantime, it looks like you can DIY it via workflow - create a workflow to copy the Contact Lead Status to the Company Lead Status.  The only thing I can think of to trigger the workflow is Last Modified Date of the Contact record, because I guess Lead Status can change frequently.  Good Luck!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Leslie_Vanco
Contributor

Hi @KurppaHosk, do you want to see the Lifecycle Stage actually synch - like when you update Contact status to Opportunity, Company also moves to Opportunity?  Or do you mean that you would like to see the note of "James Smith's Lifecycle Stage changed from MQL to Opportunity" to be viewable on James Smith's associated Company record?

KurppaHosk

Hi Leslie,

It's actually the "Lead status", here is an example:

I go to a contact, John Smith smith@nike.com, and update the lead status to "Connected". When I go into Companies and select "Nike", the lead status is empty and only shows a line "-". Hope This helps?

Leslie_Vanco
Solution
Contributor

Well, definitely not a rookie question because I didn't even know about that field!  It looks like the ability to control the synch of Lead Status between Contact and Company is not established under the Contacts and Companies settings the way HubSpot Owner and Lifecycle Stage are.  I would log a feature request for that.  In the meantime, it looks like you can DIY it via workflow - create a workflow to copy the Contact Lead Status to the Company Lead Status.  The only thing I can think of to trigger the workflow is Last Modified Date of the Contact record, because I guess Lead Status can change frequently.  Good Luck!

View solution in original post

KurppaHosk

Cheers!

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

When you set up workflows like this, how are you setting up the trigger, last modified date is less than 1 day ago? How do you set to run the workflow anytime the modified date changes?

0 Upvotes
HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

@MFrankJohnson  Any thoughts on this? Keeping Lead Status between contacts and companies?

0 Upvotes