Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

ELanyon
Participant

Suppression list is over riding my workflow goals - How do you do it?

SOLVE

My suppression list is over riding my workflow goals. 

I come from other marketing automation tools where the "Workflow" functioinality is called "Campaigns". In other tools the suppression lists keep prospects out of the campaign but it doens't take them out of the campaign if they are added to the list while they're in the workflow. In HS, I've created email marketing campaigns in workflows but my suppression list is over riding my workflow goals.

Example:
These are early-state marketing campaign and it wouldn't be appropriate for anyone who has has achieved MQL, SQL, Opp or Customer in the Lifecycle stage to be in the campaign, so created a few suppression lists to ensure they don't get put in. But one of the goals of the campaign is to get prospects to become an MQL, SQL, Opp or Customer so I created that as a goal.

The suppression list is keeping people out of the workflow but as soon as somone who is in the workflow hits one of those Lifecycle Stages, they're taken out of the workflow (due to the suppression list, not the goal) and therefore is not counted as a workflow success. 

I've realized now I need to suppress those prospects on the list level to keep this from happening but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and if so, what whas thier workaround?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ELanyon,

There is actually an easy solution to this: "any contact that meets the goal criteria at the time of enrollment will not be enrolled in the workflow." (Unenroll contacts in contact-based workflows with goals)

If the contact is not enrolled, the fact that they meet the goal will not count towards goal attainment.

In other words: you can omit the Lifecycle stage criteria from your suppression list.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ELanyon
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you @Anonymous  I did not know that. This makes my life easier!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ELanyon,

There is actually an easy solution to this: "any contact that meets the goal criteria at the time of enrollment will not be enrolled in the workflow." (Unenroll contacts in contact-based workflows with goals)

If the contact is not enrolled, the fact that they meet the goal will not count towards goal attainment.

In other words: you can omit the Lifecycle stage criteria from your suppression list.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.