Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Miembro

Suggestions regarding automating lead scoring

resolver

Hey Hubspot Community. 

Can someone provide me feedback or suggestion around automating lead scoring. 

For eg at the moment I have to manually go and add new forms as a score. We have every week a new marketing collateral download form and each time I have to add the new one in the lead scoring. Is there anyway or third party app to automate lead scoring? 

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @03279 

I don't have a solution that can automate the updating of lead scoring rules. But I have these two suggestions:

• With HubSpot (unless hosting your content offers on an obscure CMS) it usually possible to have just one form for, for example, top of the funnel offers. This form can then be added to all appropriate landing pages and added to HubSpot's lead scoring rules just once. Its then no longer necessary to update the scoring rules for each new offer/campaign

• Also, I recommend you read this excellent post from the then-CMO of Autopilot, Guy Marion, about lead scoring experiments he ran at Zendesk that essentially proved it doesn't work: Lead Scoring is Broken. Here’s What to Do Instead.  Mark Roberge also wrote about how HubSpot dropped traditional lead scoring pretty quick when it didn't work for them. I share their views and recommend that marketing stops applying arbitrary scores to leads and focuses on getting them to the bottom of the funnel, or use lead scoring to segment leads for different levels or proactive sales outreach (i.e. enterprise vs SME).

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @03279 

I don't have a solution that can automate the updating of lead scoring rules. But I have these two suggestions:

• With HubSpot (unless hosting your content offers on an obscure CMS) it usually possible to have just one form for, for example, top of the funnel offers. This form can then be added to all appropriate landing pages and added to HubSpot's lead scoring rules just once. Its then no longer necessary to update the scoring rules for each new offer/campaign

• Also, I recommend you read this excellent post from the then-CMO of Autopilot, Guy Marion, about lead scoring experiments he ran at Zendesk that essentially proved it doesn't work: Lead Scoring is Broken. Here’s What to Do Instead.  Mark Roberge also wrote about how HubSpot dropped traditional lead scoring pretty quick when it didn't work for them. I share their views and recommend that marketing stops applying arbitrary scores to leads and focuses on getting them to the bottom of the funnel, or use lead scoring to segment leads for different levels or proactive sales outreach (i.e. enterprise vs SME).

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency