Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Steve_B

Staggering email deployment from single list

Fairly new to HubSpot here. My company uploads unique email lists for every email deployment. Often I am asked to divvy up the list to stagger the sending of a single email so as not to overwhelm our customer service departments. To date I have been manually dividing up the master list and uploading multiple contact lists into HubSpot and then creating multiple cloned emails each of which is sent on a single day. I am wondering if there is a way to upload one list with drop dates and create one email and have HubSpot stagger the sending of these emails for me. 

13 Replies 13
creedtom
Participant

I took a slightly different approach here, creating contact lists that split my contacts into five groups (one for each day of the week) by their last name. Then when I'm ready to send an email I change the email template in the workflow and enrol my main email list into it. This way I can run a weekly campaign and ensure a steady flow of MQLs to the sales team.

creedtom_0-1649952944407.png

0 Upvotes
RHorton-Ortho
Participant

Do you do anythign to ensure that batches of emails don't go out in intense bursts, getting you tagged as a spammer?

0 Upvotes
JoeDeLoria
Participant

This seems to me to be a must have in HubSpot. The staggered delivery seems to be a very basic task, and not having it is unacceptable. Please make this a priority.

dwalczak
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

This is a really great idea! I've spoken with a number of customers over the past year that are looking for similar functionality. I think the biggest pain point is splitting the master list into smaller sub-lists. As an alternative to staggering an email send, if there was an option to automatically split lists into smaller sub-lists (e.g. split a list with 30k contacts into 30 separate lists, each with 1k contacts), I think this would at least allow customers to split up their list and choose when to send each sub-list. 

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

HubSpot has built-in send time optimization for HubSpot Sales One-to-One email - see image.

HubSpot Built-In Best Times To Send TechnologyHubSpot Built-In Best Times To Send Technology

- see Schedule a one-to-one email from the CRM - How does HubSpot determine the best time...?

We also like Seventh Sense for their advanced Sales One-to-One email AND Marketing One-to-Many email send time optimization. Seventh Sense use AI and machine learning to increase deliverability. The more email we send, the smarter it gets. And their email throttling functionality allows us to pause campaigns, make changes and spread the load on our systems (and salespeople) -- i.e., without the need for send-time A/B testing.

- see [VIDEO (2 mins)] Seventh Sense - Intelligent Email for HubSpot
- see Finding the Best Time to Send Email with Seventh Sense

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
ericacowan
Contributor

I have a similar use case. The ability to stagger a send would be super beneficial!

0 Upvotes
Steve_B

Since my original post I have begun creating workflows that trigger sends on a specific date. Then I just add a date column to my email list and enroll it into that workflow.  Less complicated than creating separate emails and uploading separate lists.

0 Upvotes
NinaH1

Hi Steve,

Was hoping you could walk me through your process? I'm a new user and instead of sending out 50 emails, I'm looking ot just sent out about 10 and then be able to have them send out the same email just at different times and dates. Thanks so much!

0 Upvotes
Syarger

Hi Steve - very interested in the workaround you used to stagger your emails sends.  I understand adding  a date column to the data file but can you elaborate on the enrollment trigger you used in your workflow?   Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

>>"...I just add a date column to my email list ..."

@Steve_B, this sounds interesting, but isn't clear. Would you care to elaborate? or maybe share a screenshot or two? Thanks in advance.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Nadine_N
Contributor

That was going to be my suggestion.

You can automate the send using workflows and even within the workflow you can still divide by timezone.

Just out of curiosity what is the size of the lists we are talking about?

0 Upvotes
ericacowan
Contributor

Great tip! Thanks for replying so quickly 🙂

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Steve_B Welcome to the Community. As the email tool is designed to send marketing messages to specific targeted lists, it is not possible to stagger send times. If your lists contains contacts in different time zones you can send using Smart Send.  

Thank you,

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution