Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

jleow
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Should I use a ‘Specific date/contact date property’ contact-based workflow or a Scheduled workflow

Specific date, contact date property and scheduled workflows are useful in different ways, depending on your use case: 

• Center on a date: because actions are centered around a specific date, you might use this type of workflow leading up to an event or webinar. For example, sending emails 5 days, 3 days, and the day before a conference.
  • Center on a date property: as date properties are dynamic, you might use this type of workflow for recurring events that can vary from contact to contact, such as birthdays and anniversaries.
  • Trigger on a schedule: this type of workflow is useful for events that recur regularly, as enrolled records remain in the workflow indefinitely. This workflow type can be used for reminders, such as a reminder for all sales reps to submit their expenses on the 25th of the month. This workflow type can also be used for other object record types, such as deals, companies, etc.

jleow_0-1639371434293.png

In the table below, learn more about the differences between these workflow types:Community - Workflow type table.jpg

2 Antworten
LGuillot
Teilnehmer/-in

Should I use a ‘Specific date/contact date property’ contact-based workflow or a Scheduled workflow

It's even essential to be able to use the "date" attributes of a contact, lead or transaction, to determine the date on which the action is triggered (creation of a date or sending of an email). Limiting the choice of date to a deadline relative to the workflow trigger is highly inadequate, and almost useless in most cases.

0 Upvotes
deepikaverma
Ratgeber/-in | Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Partner

Scheduled workflow is the new feature (Operational Hub) in the workflow, with this we can schedule the workflows to daily, weekly,monthly or yearly.

• Before the addition of this feature we used to go through the long process of adding custom date property.
  • Specific date/contact date property: Are used in contact based workflows to execute the actions on specific date .eg Birthday emails, date specific properties like become a customer etc.
0 Upvotes