Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

DoraMeleg
Contributor

Setting up Hubspot score attributes using OR instead of AND<

SOLVE

Hi! 

I recently encountered an issue, hoping that there is a solution I could not yet find. 

When setting up the Hubspot Score property, I would like to give X points to people who are a member of any of the given lists. (They attended any of our webinars) Since all of the webinars have a separate attendee list, this means I would like to set up the criteria with OR, so they are a member of list A, OR list B, OR list C.... 

I could not figure out a way to do this, so basically, after each and every webinar, we need to add a new set of positive attributes with the new list. 

Any solution? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MiguelGalvis
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @DoraMeleg 

Native integrations such as Zoom or GoToWebinar include default properties that automatically tell you the number of times the contact has attended, for example with Zoom it is called Total number of Zoom webinars attended

On the other hand, through workflows you will not be able to increase the value of automated properties such as "Hubspot score" or "number webinar attended", but what you can do is create a calculated field, for example Score + webinar, What if the value of the number of assists is known that adds the value of Score + Total number of Zoom webinars attended

That way you can leave that optional score as a trigger for whatever you require.
Puntuacion+webinarattended.png

Did my post answer your question? Help the community and mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DoraMeleg
Contributor

SOLVE

This is a great one, thank you!

MiguelGalvis
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @DoraMeleg 

Native integrations such as Zoom or GoToWebinar include default properties that automatically tell you the number of times the contact has attended, for example with Zoom it is called Total number of Zoom webinars attended

On the other hand, through workflows you will not be able to increase the value of automated properties such as "Hubspot score" or "number webinar attended", but what you can do is create a calculated field, for example Score + webinar, What if the value of the number of assists is known that adds the value of Score + Total number of Zoom webinars attended

That way you can leave that optional score as a trigger for whatever you require.
Puntuacion+webinarattended.png

Did my post answer your question? Help the community and mark it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DoraMeleg,

That would have been my next suggestion – have a custom number property count up every time attendance is registered, correct. At the moment, each solution will involve some level of manual effort, unfortunately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DoraMeleg,

Just to confirm, would you like to assign positive points for each webinar participation or should webinar participation only count once?

It sounds like you're trying to achieve the latter. In that case, I'd probably build a master list which consists of members of list A or list B or list C. Membership in this master list will be a positive attribute for the score property.

Effectively, it's the same thing as changing the score every time. Now you're changing a list every time. However, updating a list is a more common task and less prone to error in my opinion.

Also, maybe you can approach this from a non-list-angle – is webinar attendance stored in another property? Then you could base your score or lists of that property and might not have to update a list every time.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DoraMeleg
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten! 

Thank you for the answer! 

No, actually I would like each webinar to give points to the contact. We include engegement+Demographics in our Hubspot score, so if someone attended 2 webinars, they are twice as engaged, they should get the points twice. That is why the master list or the property would not work. 

I mean, I could have a property "How many webinars attended" and always bump that up by one via a workflow each time they are part of such a list, and the set up the positive attributes: give 10 points if this property is 1, give 20 points if this property is 2, etc". But this is such a twisted way....

0 Upvotes