Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

WillJ

Set up your own filters

SOLVE

Hi

I previously used Contactually, and one of the best things about it was that you could 'bucket' your contacts.  I have alot of different types of clients/prospects for different parts of my business, and I cant find an easy way to group these and/or allow me to create a drop down filter so that whenever I add a new record to the CRM I can easily select which part of the busness they are interested in.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

William

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Set up your own filters

SOLVE

Hi @WillJ, thanks for reaching out to the community. Within the HubSpot CRM, you can absolutely bucket your contacts in different ways! 

In the CRM, we call this creating a "view". This will allow you to filter your contacts based on various properties - either those created by default in HubSpot or ones that you can customize. To create a custom property in the CRM, you can follow the instructions on our knowledgebase. 

Then, lastly, to have that propety appear when you manually add a contact, you'll need to head to any contact record in your database.  Then, by navigating to the "about" section, you can "manage properties" to adjust what is seen in the "about" and when properties display by default when you create a new contact. More information on this process is outlined here

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further complications with creating a custom view. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Set up your own filters

SOLVE

Hi @WillJ, thanks for reaching out to the community. Within the HubSpot CRM, you can absolutely bucket your contacts in different ways! 

In the CRM, we call this creating a "view". This will allow you to filter your contacts based on various properties - either those created by default in HubSpot or ones that you can customize. To create a custom property in the CRM, you can follow the instructions on our knowledgebase. 

Then, lastly, to have that propety appear when you manually add a contact, you'll need to head to any contact record in your database.  Then, by navigating to the "about" section, you can "manage properties" to adjust what is seen in the "about" and when properties display by default when you create a new contact. More information on this process is outlined here

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further complications with creating a custom view. 

0 Upvotes
WillJ

Set up your own filters

SOLVE

Hi. That's great.   I'll give this a go 🙂 

thank you. 

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Set up your own filters

SOLVE

Hey @WillJ - glad this helped! If you're satisfied with the answer, would you mind marking my response as an accepted solution? This will help others find this thread when searching for similar questions 🙂 

0 Upvotes