Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

QA1234
Membro

Sending emails via workflow with variable Text

resolver

Is it possible to incorporate line breaks inside a hubspot email with variable text? Current a list is generated with several bullet points stung together in a sentance. I want to make it a list instead by passing line breaks Char(10) / Char(13) inside the variable text field. 

current the text looks like 1. Green Apple 2. Red Apple

I'm wanting the email to be shown as:

1. Green Apple

2. Red Apple

Is this possible?

1 Solução aceita
Solução
Anonymous
Não aplicável

resolver

@QA1234

Not sure there is a way to break it up, as it is pulled in through one token so if you were trying to force a line break there's no garantee it would populate correctly depending on the formatting of where the token was being used. 

If you were curious about the coding behind line breaks (and whether or not it is feasible), I would recommend posting in the design room, as they may have more insight over there for how to format the text. 

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
6 Respostas 6
jwiedenheft
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Looking to do the same thing with one of our email templates. We noticed the one-line issue, instead of the text being multi-line as denoted by the hard returns.

Here's what HubSpot Support said when I asked them about the problem:

Personalization tokens don't yet have the ability to carry all formatting over from multi-line properties and will often not look the same as if they were entered manually. This is something that our team is working to update, as a lot of our customers are using this method to insert blocks of personalized text in emails, but there is no road map for this just yet. I'm happy to pass along some feedback to my team on this to help push the idea, but I would recommend creating a post on Hubspot's Ideas Forum, as it goes right to our developers to show demand and help them decide what feature to implement next!

Anonymous
Não aplicável

resolver

@QA1234

What do you mean by line breaks between variable text? Are you using peresonalization tokens within an email in a workflow? 

If you share screenshots of what you are trying to do, I can take a look. 

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
QA1234
Membro

resolver

Untitled.png

The CONTACT.ALERT_VARIABLE2 would be replaced with the contact info changed. Currently it's passed as email:me@me.com Address: 123 Main St Phone: 555-555-5555

What I want the email to do is allow a line break whether I pass a variable to be converted upon render or otherwise.

So can hubspot read email:me@me.com ~ Address: 123 Main St ~ Phone: 555-555-5555

and replace the "~" with an HTML line break.

The end result wanted without creating 3 different variables:

email: me@me.com

Address: 123 Main St

Phone: 555-555-5555

0 Avaliação positiva
Anonymous
Não aplicável

resolver

@QA1234

If this is information that is being fed into the email through personalization tokens, I would recommend breaking the information into three separate tokens so that you can format it in three separate lines. Otherwise, I believe it will pull in as one continuous line if it is assoicated with one contact token. 

0 Avaliação positiva
QA1234
Membro

resolver

That's the direction we are going, I was just trying to see if anyone had figured out a way to force hubspot to recognize line breaks inside a single user token. To simiplfy the programming needed to populate this data into an email.

0 Avaliação positiva
Solução
Anonymous
Não aplicável

resolver

@QA1234

Not sure there is a way to break it up, as it is pulled in through one token so if you were trying to force a line break there's no garantee it would populate correctly depending on the formatting of where the token was being used. 

If you were curious about the coding behind line breaks (and whether or not it is feasible), I would recommend posting in the design room, as they may have more insight over there for how to format the text. 

0 Avaliação positiva