Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

deiviser
Participante | Partner
Participante | Partner

Sending an email to deal owner only

resolver

Hi,

I'm looking to set up a workflow that notifies the deal owner when their deal has moved into a new stage through an automated email. 

I'm just a bit confused by this wording.

deiviser_1-1651829580487.png

It says everyone who has label "All contacts" will receive this email. But above it, it says the email will be sent to contacts with associated enrolled deal.

Does this mean only the deal owner will receive this email? Or  the associated client contact as well? Or everyone who have the "All contacts" label?

If its more than a deal owner, how can I set it so its only the deal owner?

Thanks in advance.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @deiviser,

It looks like you selected a workflow action for an external email, not an internal email:

karstenkoehler_0-1651830352526.png

In that case, the email would indeed be sent to the associated contacts only, not the deal owner.

In deal-based workflows, there isn't any option to send an internal marketing email, only an internal notification. (This means that you can't apply your marketing email template, it's a standard HubSpot notification template, edited directly in the right sidebar of the workflow.)

When you choose "Send internal email notification", you can specifiy that it should be sent to the deal owner.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
MPestorius
Colaborador

resolver

Hi Karsten - I have set up a similar workflow with an email notification sent to me and to the Deal Owner. That said, the email is being sent to the wrong salesperson and NOT the Deal Owner listed on the Deal. Do you know what might cause this?  Thanks!

0 Me gusta
MPestorius
Colaborador

resolver

Please disregard. I figured it out. Thanks!

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @deiviser,

It looks like you selected a workflow action for an external email, not an internal email:

karstenkoehler_0-1651830352526.png

In that case, the email would indeed be sent to the associated contacts only, not the deal owner.

In deal-based workflows, there isn't any option to send an internal marketing email, only an internal notification. (This means that you can't apply your marketing email template, it's a standard HubSpot notification template, edited directly in the right sidebar of the workflow.)

When you choose "Send internal email notification", you can specifiy that it should be sent to the deal owner.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.