Sending an email to a specific list

I have an excel list of companies and would like to send a segmented email to leads/contacts in our database that are affiliated with the companies on the list.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I've used marketo in the past and was able to create a smart list in which I would paste the entire list of company names into a filter (and paste the email domains as a backup) and it would pull the leads/contacts that were affiliated.  Not sure how to do this in Hubspot. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Christin this is absolutely possible using HubSpot's Marketing product. It includes Email Marketing, Automation and List tools to execute what you are describing above. 

Can you confirm which products you are currently using?

0 Upvotes

Yep, I'm using the Marketing product.

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for confirming @Christin!

So, the first thing you'll want to do is import this list of contacts, if they do not exist in your database already. See how to documentation here

You'll want to make sure that that in this import, you have a column that says Company Name with the company listed for each.

Then you can create a Smart LIst in the Lists tools that includes this filter. See below and step-by-step documentation here:

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 12.31.42.png

As a pyaing customer you can contact the Support team directly via the Help button in your portal and a member of the team can walk you through this process specific to the lists you want to create. 

Let me know if I can offer any further help here 🙂

0 Upvotes