Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

paigeleslie
Contributor

Send deal details to another email address

SOLVE

Hello, I'm creating Pipelines + associated workflows. We are an education provider where our students often attend trial periods, and are assigned to various teachers. I would like the teachers to automatically receive an email with details I've saved on the students' contact card once they enter the trial period stage of the pipeline. Is there a way to automate this email?

For info: I'm open to adding our teachers as contacts or HubSpot users, but still running into problems such as only being able to add Deal personalisation tokens to the emails where I need Contact personalisation tokens to grab the student info. Any insight would be great!

Edit: maybe a third party app would allow this? Would anyone know of email notification apps?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @paigeleslie,

This can be achieved with a contact-based workflow. You can trigger a contact-based workflow off a deal property – in this case the stage of your pipeline.

You would then select 'Send internal email notification' from the workflow actions. From that point on, you can assemble your student card using personalization tokens. I started doing this in the screenshot below. It's easiest if your teachers are users in your HubSpot portal, yes.

karstenkoehler_0-1618844220161.png

By the way, HubSpot lets you create more owner properties on top of the default Contact owner. It's a custom property type. You could create a Teacher owner property, assign a teacher to each contact and automatically send this email to the contact's Teacher.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Nice, glad to hear @paigeleslie 🙂

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @paigeleslie,

This can be achieved with a contact-based workflow. You can trigger a contact-based workflow off a deal property – in this case the stage of your pipeline.

You would then select 'Send internal email notification' from the workflow actions. From that point on, you can assemble your student card using personalization tokens. I started doing this in the screenshot below. It's easiest if your teachers are users in your HubSpot portal, yes.

karstenkoehler_0-1618844220161.png

By the way, HubSpot lets you create more owner properties on top of the default Contact owner. It's a custom property type. You could create a Teacher owner property, assign a teacher to each contact and automatically send this email to the contact's Teacher.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

paigeleslie
Contributor

SOLVE

This solves it for me, thank you so much Karsten 😊