Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

beng_dbmaestro
Participant

Send contact notification details to external email

SOLVE

We have an external partner who deals with all our incoming contacts from a certain set of countries. I know how to create a workflow where whenever a user from one of these countries registers he recieves a notification email, but how can I make sure he receives the contact's details and not just a generic email? 

I know I can go over each and every form and create a Country condition that will send him the details, but I've got <150 forms, so this isn't quite feasible. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

@beng_dbmaestro and I ran some tests and we got this working.

Here are the steps for anyone else that wants to do something similar.

1. Create a Marketing Email (top menu Marketing > Email).

In the email you can use Personalisation Tokens to add all the Contact details you need (this will pull the Contact information from the Form Submission).

Under the Recipients Tab you want to "Save for automation".

2. Create a Workflow* (top menu Automations > Workflow). 

For the Enrollment Trigger you can select Form Submission (any form or specific forms).

For the Action choose "Send Internal Email" this will let you send the email to anyone (internal or external). Select the Email you set up in Step 1.

For testing I would also add my own email so you know everything's running to plan. 

3. Run a Test to make sure it's working as expected.

Always, always, always test your Forms and Workflows. Even if you make a change - test it again. It's better to have test data in your form submissions than miss some real data.

4. (optional) create a Campaign (top menu Marketing > Planning & Strategy > Campaigns)

You can add the Email, Form(s), Landing Pages and Workflow to a Campaign so you can see the data in one place. 

*Workflows requires Marketing Pro or Enterprise.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19
NWilliams9
Participant

SOLVE

I've had this problem. Create a workflow to rotate record to owner. Then set a trigger to send a duplicate email with the same information to the record owner's email. This will also help keep track of the records sent to the record owner in the crm.

0 Upvotes
CSchmitt7
Participant

SOLVE

Having the same issue -- selecting "send internal email" does not allow me to send an email to an external contact. In theory, this makes sense, but does not match the solution posted by @Mike_Eastwood

@PamCotton any thoughts?

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @CSchmitt7 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This action is only available for contact-based workflow, I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

paigeleslie
Contributor

SOLVE

I'm having a similar issue, and here I'm wondering if there's any way to include Contact personalisation tokens in the email? I seem to only have the option to include Deal tokens, and I need to include information on the contact, not the deal.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @paigeleslie, are you sending an email via deal workflow? If so you will only be able to use deal personalization token, as a workaround I would recommend creating a custom property so you can copy and paste the contact information in a deal property. This way you will be able to send a personalization token using this property.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

ZCrear

SOLVE

Why is this so complicated? It should be an option right out of Workflows.

Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Hi @beng_dbmaestro 

Which version of HubSpot are you using?

If you're on Marketing Pro you could assign the contact with a Workflow (using conditionals) and assign the Contact based on Country. 

–Mike

0 Upvotes
beng_dbmaestro
Participant

SOLVE

I'm using Marketing Hub Enterprise. The issue isn't defining the contact, based on country, the issue is that I then want to send the hubspot contact details to an external email, a partner who doesn't have hubspot login credentials. 

How would I go about doing this?

Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Great, you've got access to *all* the toys.

If you create a custom email, with all the Contact's details (using Contact Tokens in the email) you can then automate the email in the Workkflow.

In the Workflow you can "Send internal email" in this case internal is actually your external email address. Select the email template (from above) with all your contact information.

Did that work?

Mike

0 Upvotes
beng_dbmaestro
Participant

SOLVE

Mike, 

I appreciate the help, but I feel as if either I'm doing something wrong or explaining something wrong.

Say Jacob Smith from XYZ bank in England signs up one of my forms.

I want Barry Jones from ExternalPartner to receive an automated email with all of Jacob Smith's details (name, company, email, phone, etc).

In essence, whenever a user fills out a form, I receive an automated notification email from the form itself, with the user's data. I want this same email (or something similar) to be sent to Barry Jones, without going into each and every form on my website and adding a manual condition.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Hey @beng_dbmaestro 

I think I get what you need – I'm probably explaining it wrong.

Out of the office today – if you like I can set up a test (like a proof of concept) in one of our portals and we can try it out...

If you're keen send me a message, with your email address, and I can share the test link with you.

Cheers

Mike

0 Upvotes
beng_dbmaestro
Participant

SOLVE

MIke,

Did you receive the message with my email?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Apologies for the dealy.

Just set up a test from our HubSpot Portal... did you get an email?

Mike

0 Upvotes
beng_dbmaestro
Participant

SOLVE

Mike, this is amazing, thanks!

My question is, is this specific per form, (do I need to do this for every single form I have), or can I do this in an automated manner, so anyone from a list of countries triggers this external email?

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

@beng_dbmaestro and I ran some tests and we got this working.

Here are the steps for anyone else that wants to do something similar.

1. Create a Marketing Email (top menu Marketing > Email).

In the email you can use Personalisation Tokens to add all the Contact details you need (this will pull the Contact information from the Form Submission).

Under the Recipients Tab you want to "Save for automation".

2. Create a Workflow* (top menu Automations > Workflow). 

For the Enrollment Trigger you can select Form Submission (any form or specific forms).

For the Action choose "Send Internal Email" this will let you send the email to anyone (internal or external). Select the Email you set up in Step 1.

For testing I would also add my own email so you know everything's running to plan. 

3. Run a Test to make sure it's working as expected.

Always, always, always test your Forms and Workflows. Even if you make a change - test it again. It's better to have test data in your form submissions than miss some real data.

4. (optional) create a Campaign (top menu Marketing > Planning & Strategy > Campaigns)

You can add the Email, Form(s), Landing Pages and Workflow to a Campaign so you can see the data in one place. 

*Workflows requires Marketing Pro or Enterprise.

Have fun

Mike

chrispower
Contributor

SOLVE

Has something changed since this solution was posted?  'Send internal email' doesn't give the option to send to anyone who isn't a user in our Hubspot account.

Thanks

Katia_A
Participant

SOLVE

hi 

I have the exact same problem. But I was trying to send the emil from a deal workflow. I see one more option in the contact workflow (Send internal marketing email); this doesn't solve my problem, but maybe it helps you 

flashouse
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @Mike_Eastwood

Thanks for the detail explanation. For some reason, I do not have the ability to send an email to an external email address when following this plan. Any ideas why? 

Thanks, 

Tom

beng_dbmaestro
Participant

SOLVE

I've sent you my email. Thanks!

0 Upvotes