Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Ignazio
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

Send an external communication email via workflow setting the vendor of a product as a recipient

Hi everyone! I just noticed a change in HubSpot: when you try to send an external communication email via workflow, you cannot set anymore the email address of the recipient. How can I notify, via HubSpot, a vendor email address about an his own product order every time it happens in an eCommerce with multiple vendors? I would like to send just the information about the sold product and not about the buyer. Any ideas or workaround here? Thank you in advance!

Ignazio Morici
Marketing Manager @power2Cloud | HubSpot Certified Trainer | Co-host @EMEA HubSpot Certified Trainers Subgroup

Did my post help you? Marking it as a solution.

16 Respuestas 16
GrowthArchitect
Participante

Send an external communication email via workflow setting the vendor of a product as a recipient

Solved - This can be done using Zapier, when a deal reaches a certain trigger point, send an email from outlook. You can either use data from the deal or pre poulate the fields in Zapier. Let me know if you'd like this setting up.

Thanks 

Adam Price

adam@thegrowtharchitect.co.uk

0 Me gusta
himanshurauthan
Líder intelectual | Partner nivel Elite

Hello @Ignazio ,

Okay, I can think of another solution. The moment you are sending data and creating a deal in HubSpot from the eCommerce store at the same time if you sent one more value and update it in new custom property in deal object let say "Manufacturer's email".

So now if we get the email id of a manufacturer in the deal object we can write a small deal-based workflow. In this I’ve added a trigger "Any deal having property [Manufacturer's email] is known" and in the second step, we can add one action in which we create contact and use emails from that custom property. After this action will we’ll add one more action to send an email to its associated contact and after the second step new contact gets created automatically associated with this deal and then our mail will shoot to that contact.

Might be this solution will help you.

Best Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
Ignazio

Hi @himanshurauthan and thank you very much for the help!

We’ve tried this scenario, but it doesn’t work properly. HubSpot email the original contact associated with the deal when we change the deal’s associated contact inside the workflow itself, even if the email’s action is after the associated contact switch action. Did it work for you?

Best,

i

Ignazio Morici
Marketing Manager @power2Cloud | HubSpot Certified Trainer | Co-host @EMEA HubSpot Certified Trainers Subgroup

himanshurauthan

Hello @Ignazio,

Oh yes, I forgot that we can not create contact through a deal-based workflow.

From my understanding when a deal is created automatically through your custom eCommerce then what I suppose is there is no contact associated with that deal. If I am correct, then like in your custom eCommerce where you had run the API endpoint to create a deal in HubSpot at the same moment you can run endpoint for creating contact and associate this is a newly created contact with this deal. It's possible through API endpoints.

And after the association of contacts, you just need to trigger mail via workflow to its associated contact.

But if at the time creating a deal in HubSpot you have to create a contact too of customers thus, in this case, you have to create one more contact of the manufacturer with one extra custom property added with it. Through this property, we can filter that between two of these associated contact who is manufacturer then you can simply write a workflow to filter these contacts and send mail according to the product they purchased.

If I summarise this in short, this can be done through HubSpot's APIs. I saw no workaround in the interface till now.

Regards,

Ignazio

Hi @himanshurauthan,

thank you so much, as always, for your support and ideas! 

We would like to track every customers’ data and purchases via API so we’ll create a contact for every new customer, keeping everything organized in line with the platform.

I think your is the best solution so far but it will generate some other issue regarding the deal’s reports. Also, if I understood correctly, changing the deal contact will make the deal unavailable on the contact profile.

Best,

i

Ignazio Morici

0 Me gusta
himanshurauthan

Hey @Ignazio

I have one more suggestion if you have already had the list of manufacturers against the product then in this case what I suggest is -

1. Create an account for the manufacturer.
  2. Create a role or assign permission that he/she can only view the data.

3. Create a customer property of user type as "Product Manufacturer"

4. Now your objective is to populate the correct manufacturer name in this custom property and for this, you have 2 options -

1. You are using custom eCommerce it means you might have used HubSpot API to send order data in HubSpot so the moment order data is sent to HubSpot just need to send one more value for the manufacturer and update in the custom property.

2. Second way is you have to write a workflow to assign a manufacturer in deals based on the product available in deals.

5. Once you get the value in the custom prop. now you just have to write a simple workflow to send an internal email to the person whose name is available in that custom prop and you had selected the type of this custom property as a user then you will directly find an option in the workflow to select the owner. Now you just have to choose an existing owner and here you will again find two options in the dropdown menu. First is the "Deal owner" & second is the "Product Manufacturer" there you have to select and workflow is ready to fire an email.

I hope this will help you. (Don't forget to mark this as a solution 😉)

Best Regards,

Ignazio

Hi @himanshurauthan, thank you for your time and advices! 

The problem in this scenario is that the manufacturers shouldn't interact with HubSpot as agents and, also, there are too many manufacturers to create an HS account for each of them.

Best,

i

Ignazio Morici

0 Me gusta
MiguelGalvis
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

@Ignazio 
This solution depends on the Pro licenses you have in hubspot, for example (Sales Pro and / or Service Pro)
If you want hubspot to notify the manufacturer directly if you need to link it as a user with restricted access so that they only see Ticket associated with them. If you have Sales Pro, the recommendation is to use the product library where it is previously identified which manufacturer will be notified for each product. In this case the steps would be the following.
1) Create manufacturers' users in hubspot, for this you only have to import their emails and their respective permissions to hubspot, example
Configuration / users and teams / create user / create multiple users at the same time
Ignazio 1.png

In the permissions you must disable all the options and only leave in CRM / access to Tickets objects (View and edit only property)

Ignazio 2.png
2) Create a product property (user type) with which you can later associate manufacturers
Configuration / Properties / Object: Product / Create property
Ignazio 3.png
Ignazio 4.png

Also create a Deal property of type user "Manufacturer User".

3) Import to hubspot the Product Library where you include the property "Manufacturer User" with the notification email
Configuration / object / Products and quotes / Actions / Import
PC file / One file / One object / Products

Ignazio 5.png

4) Finally, all that remains is to create a business flow that is activated when the sale
and copy the required order information from the business

4.1 Trigger: business won -Y- Known “Manufacturer User” line item
4.2 Add If / then Branch with Filter Type (Line Item) / Manufacturer User
And create a branch for each of the manufacturer users you have. It is recommended to name the branch with the associated email to facilitate the next action
4.3 To each branch Add the action (Set property value) Type of property of destination / business / User manufacturer as appropriate
4.4 Add action "Create record" type Ticket
Name: (Business name)
Ticket description: (Description of the offer)
High priority
Assign to: Current Business Owner / Which Owner: Manufacturer User
Associate Ticket with: Business registered in Workflow, Contact and Associated Company.

It is recommended to use Ticket because it will allow you to measure the response speed of the provider to resolve to create a product. But in case you do not have Pro service or do not want to create automatic ticket, you can have the following option
Add the action (Send internal notification:
Send to existing owner: Manufacturer User
Subject: Create product {{Business name}}
Body: {{deal.description}}

Finally you just have to add some connection points (Go to another action)
Ignazio 6.png

In this way, all the new business won with an associated product will be automatically established the "manufacturer user" to whom to send the notification or Create product ticket.

Did my post answer your question? Help the community and mark it as a solution.

Ignazio

Hi @MiguelGalvis and thank you for your amazing reply! 

I would love to implement your ideas but it’s impossible to do so because of the high number of manufacturer we manage into the ecommerce. It’s really too much time-consuming to create so many If/Then Branch...

We are searching for something more “automatic”.

Have a great day!

Ignazio Morici

0 Me gusta
Ignazio

Hi @MiguelGalvis, thank you for your time and reply!

We’ve already thought about a solution like this but, unluckily, we have a very large number of manufacture.

I don’t know if I get right all the steps: I have got just two more things.

1. In every way, in your opinion, every manufacturer has to register as a HubSpot user. Is that right?
  2. Can you explain to me better what you wrote on the points 3 and 4. I don’t understand how I can notify someone through the product and choose that who have to be notified is not the associated contact of the deal but the “manufacturer”.

Have a great day,

Ignazio 

Ignazio Morici

MiguelGalvis

Hello @Ignazio 
Depending on the type of license you have in hubspot, how broad and / or complex your list of manufacturers is, you can design the best solution.

One way we have worked it is as follows:
1) To notify the product manufacturer you must have it registered as a hubspot user; Depending on the type of license you have, you can limit your permissions to only see contact and / or business that you own. Or also create a ticket and assign it where the information that you may require to build the product is copied.
2) If the list of manufacturers is small, it can be established through workflows or manually. On the other hand, if the list is broad and specific to each product, it would be best to work with the Product Library, and a "manufacturer" product property of the user type. and by default associate this the email to notify.
3) As the case may be, create in hubspot a business “manufacturer” property -or- Product of type user.
4) Create a flow based on Business that has won business as a trigger, which notifies the “manufacturer” User about the creation of the product.

Did my post answer your question? Help the community and mark it as a solution.

Ignazio

Hi @himanshurauthan  and thank you for your kindenss and support!

I’ll try to explain better my usecase. 

I receive an order in my custom ecommerce, so the data about the order (deal and contact) are pushed in HubSpot.

Now I would like to notify the product manufacturer about the fact that he/she has to build the product (every product sold inside the ecommerce is custom) with the specifications from the HubSpot deal.

Do you see any simple way to do so?

Thank you in advance,

i

Ignazio Morici

himanshurauthan

Okay @Ignazio, so in this case, first you have to invite these users to HubSpot and give them permission to access the deals they own.

Then in the second step, you can write a workflow that filters the deals on the basis of products, and then by creating a separate branch in the workflow you can add an action of sending internal email, and in this section, you can select a specific user to send it and then select the manufacturer name there.

In this process, the workflow will send mail to the manufacturer on the basis of products.

Try this and do let me know if this works.

Ignazio

HI @himanshurauthan, thank you so much for your efforts!

This is a great idea but we have a very large number of manufacturers: it's impossible for us to create separate branches for every manufacturer. Do you see any other solution?

Best, 

i

Ignazio Morici

0 Me gusta
Rongen
Colaborador

Hi Ignazio, We're facing similar scenario. We're using jotform which is natively integrated with Hubspot to achieve the notifications to external partners. Jotform has advanced if/then conditions that you can apply. It can also update records based on submissions.

0 Me gusta
himanshurauthan

Hi @Ignazio,

For adding more contacts or to send this mail to more people you have to work on the trigger of that workflow. It is totally based on the trigger you select. As many of the contacts matching your trigger conditions, they will receive that mail.

For sending mail notification to vendors, I would suggest you identify any unique property which gets updated when any product is sold. Now on the basis of this property update, you can create a list for identifying respective vendors. Make sure your vendor contacts are present in HubSpot. Then create a regular mail and select this vendor list in the email edit section of send and schedule option. This also can be done through workflow, if you explain to me more I can help you better in this case.

Hope your query gets solved. Don't mark it as a solution. 😉

Best Regards,