Send an automated email response the first time a form is submitted
02-06-2019 04:57 - edited 02-06-2019 04:59
If you only want contacts to receive an automated email the first time they submit a form, Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise users can set up a workflow to accomplish this.
- First, create an automated email to send in the workflow.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- In the upper right, click Create workflow.
- In the left panel, select Contact-based as your workflow type, then in the right panel select Start from scratch.
- Enter a name for your workflow, then click Create workflow.
- In the workflow editor, click Set enrollment triggers.
- In the right panel, select Form submission:
- Select Contact has filled out form, then click the dropdown menu and select your form.
- Use the dropdown menu to filter by submissions on a specific page.
- Click Done, then click Save.
- By default, a contact will only be enrolled in a workflow once, so there is no need to adjust your workflow's re-enrollment settings for this particular workflow because you only want the email sent once.
- Click the plus icon + to add an action to your workflow.
- In the right panel, select Send email. Then select the automated email you created in the first step.
- Click Save.
- Click Review at the top-right.
- When you’re done reviewing your workflow settings, click Activate to enroll your contacts.
Learn how to send different emails based on a contact’s form submission. If you have additional questions, reach out to the HubSpot Community.