See how the Manual HubSpot score was calculated

Highlighted
Sachkundiger

Is there a way for me to see what actions a customer took to get the manual HubSpot score that they have? In the property history I can see when points were added or removed, but I can't see why.

12 Antworten
Highlighted
Vordenker | Diamond Solutions Partner

Hi @Zbatty

If you go to the lead scoring configuration, there is the option to test a contact. This will show you which rules they meet and which they do not. If you rules are specific enough, this will also reveal which actions they took to qualify, but if your rules are broad you will not be able to see this specifically and will have to deduce it from their timeline. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Highlighted
Sachkundiger | Platinum Solutions Partner

Phil this is a good workaround but is not how you should have to do this. What is the point of the "HubSpot Score History" if it doesn't actually tell you the source? (As you can see below)

hs_score-history.jpg

Highlighted
Berater

I agree with David. Our Sales Operations team wants to see a breakdown of how a lead achieved their score (ie form submission, email open, web page visit, etc) so they can better determine the criteria to use. I can get this info by using the Test a Contact option in the HubSpot Score property but I need a way to share this info with others.

Highlighted
Berater

I am having the same conversation with our VP of Sales in regards to seeing a snapshot of their lead scoring. 

Highlighted
Vordenker | Diamond Solutions Partner

Hey @daviddoughty @leslieb @jbotelho 

I hear this sort of thing a lot. Don't you think that if a rep needs to see each indivudal reasons that a lead achieved their score, its because the lead scoring system isn't reliable on its own? 

I think in general people expect far to much from lead scoring system, most of which are based on assumptions and guess work. 

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Highlighted

@Phil_Vallender ,

The point isn't wether or not the Lead Scoring is working. The point is that it's a data point that is convient when you click on history for individual contacts and seeing a record of the lead score changes over time instead of having to filter out activity in the timeline. It's also really convient to help sales team align with marketing and let them know when a specific lead score might be to highly weighted or under weighted. I find this most useful when inital lead scoring is inacted as it can take a few months to adjust to the sweet spot.

Highlighted
Berater

@Phil_Vallender 

For this to work (testing a contact's lead score), wouldn't the rep need to have admin access to be able to access the /property-settings/properties/score page? This does not seem like a scaleable/viable solution by any means... 

Highlighted
Sachkundiger

@daviddoughty I agree with you. It's very helpful to close the feedback loop from the sales team. Marketing needs to hear that activities they thought were worth 50 points should actually be worth 30.

Also, a rep should know as much about a customer before they get them on the phone. Are they an MQL because the attended 5 webinars? Filled out a form requesting more info? Made three comments on a blog? True, the rep can dig around the history and find all of that, but it would be helpful to click on the Score history and see which activities have contributed how much and how recently.

Highlighted
Berater

@Zbatty 

I think you are spot on with your description of how this could be useful for marketing/sales alignment and prep for the reps to tailor their MQL outreach quickly. 

Highlighted
Berater

Too bad this thread has been marked as solved even though the solution really isn't any good.

Highlighted

I actually don't think this is solved in the least bit. This workaround is only good for the current state of the contact. It doesn't show the history of why a contact decreased or increased over time.

Just yesterday I saw that one of my contacts decreased 85 points and then was positive 25 points, but when I test the contact in the HubSpot Score property settings, it obviously doesn't show those negative points anymore and I don't want to spend an hour looking for hypothetical reasons to explain to a client why that could have been.

@jennysowyrda  How do you label this as unsolved, because it is not.

Highlighted
Stammgast

Reitering what has been said in this thread in a different way:

There needs to be a new section added to the Contact Record which shows the contact's current manual HubSpot Score filters met and how many points are received/subtracted by meeting those filters. I'm envisioning a section looking similar to Company, Deals, Tickets, Attachments, List Memberships & Website Activity that would allow you to toggle between all score properties in a portal and see what filters are met for each.

Bonus points for being able open the history on each score property (or at least HubSpot Score) within the About section, click each past score value and somehow see which filters were met/points were received at that point in time.

This is CRUCIAL for helping a sales rep see why a MQL they were recently assigned based on meeting a score threshold was actually assigned to them. Reps are not able or willing to log into the HubSpot settings, click on Properties, navigate to HubSpot Score, test their contact and figure out what the most recent change was.

Would LOVE to see this become a priority for the PM in charge of Lead Scoring--LS is an important feature for many businesses but the tool hasn't been given any love lately--in fact, it's only become more buried within HubSpot Settings after the most recent changes in the past year. I'd be happy to help with recommendations if this becomes a focus.