Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

michellechopin
Participant

Salesforce Campaign from Email Activity

SOLVE

Hello HubSpot Community!

I'm starting to use the Salesforce Campaigns option to track all the activity on a lead, so we have a better idea of all the sales and marketing activities a lead/contact participates in before becomnig a prospect and then (hopefully!) a customer.

Because of the way we are syncing our data, I've imported a static list in to HubSpot, with the appropriate syncing criteria so it syncs back to Salesforce (so I'm not starting in Salesforce). I've created a workflow that uses the starting criteria as Contact is a Member of [List], and would like to include that they were sent Email [Name]. However, as the email hasn't been sent at this time, I can't select the email from the dropdown menu (assuming this is why it doesn't show!). 

While I can add the additional email details (sent, opened, clicked)after the email goes out, it would be great to have it proactive and updating as people are interacting with the email (much like with a landing page). Is that possible in HubSpot or does it simply have to happen after the email send?

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @michellechopin. There's a setting in an email - a checkbox called "Save for automation" - which if enabled, allows emails to be used in HubSpot workflows, whether pending or sent. Select that setting for all the emails you want to use in your workflow, then build.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @michellechopin. There's a setting in an email - a checkbox called "Save for automation" - which if enabled, allows emails to be used in HubSpot workflows, whether pending or sent. Select that setting for all the emails you want to use in your workflow, then build.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
michellechopin
Participant

SOLVE

Hi!

I honestly didn't think of using that option as this first email was scheduled on its own, rather than as part of an entire workflow/campaign. I will definitely use that option if it means I can have the workflow set up to assign campaign statuses right out the gate and not have to go back over contacts that are already enrolled.

Thanks for the very simple solution!

Michelle Smiley Very Happy

0 Upvotes