Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

MerchantCentric
Participant

Reviewing leadscores before and after a campaign

SOLVE

Hi,

Is it possible to use leadscoring as a metric to see how well a campaign affected our leads? Can we see leadscores before a campaign & after a campaign to review the campaign's impact on creating a more interested lead?

If not, what would you suggest to acheive this goal?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MerchantCentric,

HubSpot doesn't have a default feature to compare the before and after. I can think of two workarounds here.

You could look at the lead score property history after the campaign. This analysis would be done in an Excel file then and you could see the recent changes in value by date. Probably not a fun task to get the information out of that file and visualize it – but it would be in there.

Alternatively, you could create a custom property and use a simple workflow to copy the lead score into that new custom number property. By doing that, you're essentially freezing the lead score in another property. After the campaign, you could create a calculated property between the lead score and your custom number property. This would allow for some cool reporting, such as the average change in lead score for your campaign contacts.

Another way of approaching this is actually taking a step back. What is your lead score measuring? If, for example, it's looking at the number of form submissions or emails received, it's a foregone conclusion that the lead score will go up. If the lead score takes into account pricing page views specifically, you might as well create a report which of the campaign contacts visited the pricing page after the campaign launch. Reporting on the lead score might not be as insightful as looking at the relationship between some of the lead score factors specifically.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions! Happy to elaborate and provide more details.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MerchantCentric,

HubSpot doesn't have a default feature to compare the before and after. I can think of two workarounds here.

You could look at the lead score property history after the campaign. This analysis would be done in an Excel file then and you could see the recent changes in value by date. Probably not a fun task to get the information out of that file and visualize it – but it would be in there.

Alternatively, you could create a custom property and use a simple workflow to copy the lead score into that new custom number property. By doing that, you're essentially freezing the lead score in another property. After the campaign, you could create a calculated property between the lead score and your custom number property. This would allow for some cool reporting, such as the average change in lead score for your campaign contacts.

Another way of approaching this is actually taking a step back. What is your lead score measuring? If, for example, it's looking at the number of form submissions or emails received, it's a foregone conclusion that the lead score will go up. If the lead score takes into account pricing page views specifically, you might as well create a report which of the campaign contacts visited the pricing page after the campaign launch. Reporting on the lead score might not be as insightful as looking at the relationship between some of the lead score factors specifically.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions! Happy to elaborate and provide more details.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.