Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

JuliaNeuroFlow

Restrict a list to certain Hubspot users

SOLVE

I'd like to set a list only be accessible by a specific set of users. I've been suggested to assign all contacts in this list to a team and then take the rest of my hubspot population and make them a different group with group-only permissions but there's no way we could maintain this.

Please help!

2 Accepted solutions
Kaleudia
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Yes I understand! You could leave this in "Hubspot Ideas forum", because it would be very useful if it were feasible. For now, the only way for users to see the contacts assigned to you is for those users to belong to the same team as you, but they will not necessarily be contacts assigned only to you, because they can continue to see contacts assigned to those users. The configuration of access to contacts restricts only view, communication and editing by teams, so everyone would have to belong to the same team as you.

Have a nice day!

Claudia Yévenes

Inbound & RevOps Consultant

Revops LATAM | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Grupo Revenue, apoyando el crecimiento de empresas en todo LATAM

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JuliaNeuroFlow and @MarcodeBoer,

This is actually possible now, the feature is called partitioning: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/partition-your-hubspot-assets The functionality is currently in beta, list partitioning is exclusive Enterprise subscriptions.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Kaleudia

SOLVE

Hi @JuliaNeuroFlow 

At this time, the only way to do that is setting permission access by team or owner contact. 

In this sense, what you say is correct.

Regards,

Claudia Yévenes

JuliaNeuroFlow

SOLVE

Thanks @Kaleudia, good to know (though frustrating).

I would be ok with restricting access by team if I could assign all these contacts to myself (which I've done) and put myself in a team (done) and then be able to set a permission that only people in my team can see my contacts. Is there a way to do that without putting all of our Hubspot contacts in another team?

0 Upvotes
Kaleudia
Solution

SOLVE

Yes I understand! You could leave this in "Hubspot Ideas forum", because it would be very useful if it were feasible. For now, the only way for users to see the contacts assigned to you is for those users to belong to the same team as you, but they will not necessarily be contacts assigned only to you, because they can continue to see contacts assigned to those users. The configuration of access to contacts restricts only view, communication and editing by teams, so everyone would have to belong to the same team as you.

Have a nice day!

Claudia Yévenes

MarcodeBoer
Participant

SOLVE

We're now two years later. I also see a huge advantage in working with team lists. We are a regional focussed organization; Latam, Africa, Asia, & Europe. There are several 'agents' in the field who would like to be our external sales team. 

At the moment, you are suggesting assigning every single contact to the right contact owner. With over 3000 contacts worldwide that is not doable. We'd love to have an office team with access to all and local teams who have only access to their list of contacts. This way it makes sense to work with dedicated sales teams (read: more sales pro accounts)

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JuliaNeuroFlow and @MarcodeBoer,

This is actually possible now, the feature is called partitioning: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/partition-your-hubspot-assets The functionality is currently in beta, list partitioning is exclusive Enterprise subscriptions.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BraedonO
Participant

SOLVE

Has this been put into production? 

0 Upvotes