Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Nadine_N
Contributor

Reset Lead Score

SOLVE

Happy Thursday!

Our website is down due to issues with the website tool. What else is new with HubSpot!

I was wondering if any of you found a way to reset the leads score.

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Reset Lead Score

SOLVE

Hi @Nadine_N

Sorry to hear your website is down. I'll check in with HubSpot at INBOUND today about any current CMS availability issues. 

There is no way to reset lead score however as all the rules are constantly recalcualated. You can remove all the rules and start over with zero scores of course, but you cannot reset the score while your rules are still present. 

You could create a large negative rule that sets the lead back significantly when the meet a new condition, but you would then need sufficient additional positive point rules for them to attain the target level. 

I hope this gives you some ideas. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
jschroeffel
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Reset Lead Score

SOLVE

I think i may have found a workaound solution here

• Setup a workflow to move your score field to another field.  "Temporary Score"
  • In my case, if a lead's score goes to -150, i want to "reset" that user to 0.  So when my HS score goes to -150, I move it to my "Temporary Score" field
  • Then back in your score field, If "Temporary Score" is -150, then add +150 to score.  Voila my score is back to zero and the next contact activity starts fresh

VLiu

Reset Lead Score

SOLVE

This sounds like a very clever way. Do you mind to elaborate how to "move" your score field to another field? Do you mean just copy the value? Another question is how do you know what value to add back since lead score varies by contact ? Lasty, since Hubspot score field is a read only field, do you use "Temporary Score" as source of truth going forward?

0 Upvotes
GameChangerShri

Reset Lead Score

SOLVE

Let me know your exact requirement so that we can address specifically

ernopyykko
Top Contributor

Reset Lead Score

SOLVE

We're just about to build up a new lead scoring model. In the conversation ran into the challenge which comes with not being able to reset the lead score. 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Reset Lead Score

SOLVE

Hi @Nadine_N

Sorry to hear your website is down. I'll check in with HubSpot at INBOUND today about any current CMS availability issues. 

There is no way to reset lead score however as all the rules are constantly recalcualated. You can remove all the rules and start over with zero scores of course, but you cannot reset the score while your rules are still present. 

You could create a large negative rule that sets the lead back significantly when the meet a new condition, but you would then need sufficient additional positive point rules for them to attain the target level. 

I hope this gives you some ideas. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
EllenSmoley
Participant

Reset Lead Score

SOLVE

Hi Phil, 

Are you aware of an update to this? Is it possible to reset a score back to 0 for a group of leads (for example, all leads who have a lead status of recycled)? 

Thank you! 

Nadine_N
Contributor

Reset Lead Score

SOLVE

Hi Everyone,

I redesigned our lead scoring, tearing the old model and starting from scratch.

Now, I use 2 models:

One model is scoring profile only and the other one is scoring engagement.

My engagement scoring is time-based, meaning that after a certain time has passed, the score degrades itself. In order to make this work, I created a date stamp for all my offline activities.

DM me to disucss your specifics.

Best of luck

Nadine_N
Contributor

Reset Lead Score

SOLVE

Thanks @Phil_Vallender

0 Upvotes