Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

AdamFromson
Participante | Partner nivel Platinum

Reporting on Email Conversions

resolver
Reporting question. I have several workflows lined up, and want to report WHICH email in the previous workflow(s) caused them to advance through the process so we can optimize accordingly.

Anyone have suggestions?
2 Soluciones aceptadas
MikeCormack
Solución
Colaborador líder

resolver

You could have an active list for each email open.

Use that as re-enrollment in a workflow with all the emails and three custom fields for the 3 stages for caputuring the last email opened at that stage with an if then branch for each email.

This avoids datebased tracking, which isn't easy to report on, only falls down where someone opens email 15, then 16, then 15 again and then converts. Which is probably not a significant.

Of course you could add in a time based aspect to the active lists, has opened email x in last day, that way the list resets and can be used to track the most recent open in a 24 hour period.

And if you wanted to go out there you could set it up for any trackable action so you get whatever you can that is most recent, but that's probably overkill.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

Crystal_Hopper
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

@AdamFromson yes, that does. What I was thinking is that you could actually report on a CTA. For CTA reports you can report on how many times a contact sees the CTA, when a contact clicks the CTA and how many clicks a CTA has. The CTA with the most views/clicks would point to the email that is doing the most converting. 

You said it is a link in the email. If it is really just a hyperlink, I'd upgrade that to a CTA designed like a hyperlink so you can use the CTA reports for this case.

I hope that helps, but I also realize I might have just given you one way it won't work. Be like Edison, keep experimenting.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

7 Respuestas 7
MikeCormack
Solución
Colaborador líder

resolver

You could have an active list for each email open.

Use that as re-enrollment in a workflow with all the emails and three custom fields for the 3 stages for caputuring the last email opened at that stage with an if then branch for each email.

This avoids datebased tracking, which isn't easy to report on, only falls down where someone opens email 15, then 16, then 15 again and then converts. Which is probably not a significant.

Of course you could add in a time based aspect to the active lists, has opened email x in last day, that way the list resets and can be used to track the most recent open in a 24 hour period.

And if you wanted to go out there you could set it up for any trackable action so you get whatever you can that is most recent, but that's probably overkill.

Crystal_Hopper
Asesor destacado

resolver

@AdamFromson , interesting challenge. I've got a few WFs setup that use a single automated email. Can you give more detail about how your WFs are setup and what about them is the trigger to move from one WF to another? 

I'm asking because I'm not sure if you are using a CTA, a web form submission, or some other trigger. In my mind, the trigger is going to be key in determining how to setup the report. Thanks!

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
AdamFromson

resolver

@Crystal_Hopper so, the trigger for the three workflows that I have set for goals are based on static lists. The reason being, that this is tied to events on a mobile app (downloaded, completed profile, upgraded to paid), so the app dev team tied those events to hubspot lists to add them to.

Regarding the emails, there are several in between these milestones, in some cases as many as 10-20 emails...

0 Me gusta
Crystal_Hopper
Asesor destacado

resolver

Very intricate! 

So when a contact receives one of these many emails, is there a CTA or link in the email that triggers an action event (basically is that CTA what needs to be reported on)?

Or is there as assumption being made that the contact received email #15 and before they received #16 you noticed an app profile completion, so they were moved to the next WF? So you would need to track the date they opened email #15 because it most closely corresponds with the date the profile was completed.

I hope my assumptions of the scenarios are close and somewhat making sense. I'm trying to help you think through what actually needs to be reported on: the email or a CTA or link inside of an email.

AdamFromson

resolver

@Crystal_Hopper the link in the email will take them to where they can take the next action, but then the app reports back to HubSpot to let us know when they actually achieved the next milestone (adds them to a static list which triggers the next workflow).

Does that help clarify?

0 Me gusta
Crystal_Hopper
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

@AdamFromson yes, that does. What I was thinking is that you could actually report on a CTA. For CTA reports you can report on how many times a contact sees the CTA, when a contact clicks the CTA and how many clicks a CTA has. The CTA with the most views/clicks would point to the email that is doing the most converting. 

You said it is a link in the email. If it is really just a hyperlink, I'd upgrade that to a CTA designed like a hyperlink so you can use the CTA reports for this case.

I hope that helps, but I also realize I might have just given you one way it won't work. Be like Edison, keep experimenting.

sharonlicari
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hey @AdamFromson 

Thanks for reaching out! I want to tag in some subject matter experts to get their insight on this situation.

Hey, @MikeCormack @Crystal_Hopper @Kim_HM  do you have any suggestions for @AdamFromson?

Thanks,

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !