Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Klaasie

Repeating workflow

SOLVE

Need help with the following idea..
I want to ask feedback after an online event. So when someone has attended an online event, then I want to send an e-mail with a link to a landing page with a form where people can give feedback. The first time this is going well, but the second time when a person has attended another online event, then they again will enter the same workflow, but then I want a workflow based on 'new clean data'. I added an image to hopefully make it more clear.

The issue is. When a person is in the workflow for a second, third, etc. time and won't give feedback on the same form, then he/she still can get an e-mail based on previous feedback. A second time when no feedback is given or they choose for option 3, then the workflow has to stop without further action.
And a third time when someone decides to give feedback again, then the workflow is based on that last choice. etc..

Untitled Diagram.jpg

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

Repeating workflow

SOLVE

@Klaasie : The easiest solution I can think of for your case is to clone the workflow and make a separate one for each new online event rather than trying to accomplish all of this in one workflow. This will help you keep your lists clean and also prevent the prospect from getting the wrong email ( from a previous event). 

Also define 'Goals' for each workflow ( eg: filled out a form) so that prospects can get out of the old worklfow and you can measure the effectiveness.

Option 2: 
Enroll people in different lists ( one for each online event) and make a new branch for each online event at the beginning of the workflow. Make sure you create the list based if-then statement at the very top of the workflow because if you create it at the end of an older event, some prospects who have attended both events may get the emails from a previous event. 

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. 

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

Repeating workflow

SOLVE

@Klaasie : The easiest solution I can think of for your case is to clone the workflow and make a separate one for each new online event rather than trying to accomplish all of this in one workflow. This will help you keep your lists clean and also prevent the prospect from getting the wrong email ( from a previous event). 

Also define 'Goals' for each workflow ( eg: filled out a form) so that prospects can get out of the old worklfow and you can measure the effectiveness.

Option 2: 
Enroll people in different lists ( one for each online event) and make a new branch for each online event at the beginning of the workflow. Make sure you create the list based if-then statement at the very top of the workflow because if you create it at the end of an older event, some prospects who have attended both events may get the emails from a previous event. 

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. 

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.