Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

emmathompson_0
Contributor

Removing a contact from a workflow via removing them from a list

SOLVE

Does anyone know if by removing a contact from the list that's associated with a workflow (being in this list triggers the workflow) it will stop the contact from recieving the emails etc??

I have searched on here but nothing about lists and workflows. 

Thanks,

Emma 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @emmathompson_0,

If a contact enrolls into a member because of their list membership (and only because of that membership), they should be removed from the workflow if this setting is toggled (Settings tab of the workflow editor):

lists.png

If it's critical for your workflow that contacts are removed once they leave a list, I'd recommend testing this behavior. (There are a lot of factors that play into enrollment. The things that should happen don't always happen.) The easiest way to test this is cloning your workflow, replacing the list in question with a static list and putting two test contacts on the list. You're now effectively only using the workflow on two contacts. Switch the workflow on, then remove one contact from the static list. Now you can search for the removed contact in the History tab of the workflow. There should be an entry for their unenrollment.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @emmathompson_0,

If a contact enrolls into a member because of their list membership (and only because of that membership), they should be removed from the workflow if this setting is toggled (Settings tab of the workflow editor):

lists.png

If it's critical for your workflow that contacts are removed once they leave a list, I'd recommend testing this behavior. (There are a lot of factors that play into enrollment. The things that should happen don't always happen.) The easiest way to test this is cloning your workflow, replacing the list in question with a static list and putting two test contacts on the list. You're now effectively only using the workflow on two contacts. Switch the workflow on, then remove one contact from the static list. Now you can search for the removed contact in the History tab of the workflow. There should be an entry for their unenrollment.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.