Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

bhutchinson850

Reenroll Workflows for Nurture Email Campaigns

SOLVE

Is there some best practices for building out nurture campaigns inside workflow? We are constantly wanting to add content in these workflows. We want contacts that already completed the workflow to receive the new email assets. We find ourselves cloning the current version and adding a new workflow anytime we want to do this. Is there a better way?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bhutchinson850,

There probably is a way to achieve this with workflows but if there is, it would be convoluted and very high maintenance.

Here's how I would approach this:

When you are publishing a new content offer, add it to your nurturing workflows. Depending on the content, it might sit better at the beginning or towards the end of your nurturing workflow. It would be close to impossible to have a contact re-enter and leave the workflow at the correct section.

For those contacts who have not experienced a certain offer yet, I would simply work with a standalone regular email send. Create an active list of all contacts who have never seen the landing page / thank you page / accessed the direct link to the file and are not currently enrolled in your nurturing workflow. Then you can set up a one-time email send. Not only does this give you the ability to potentially further segment by the last interaction date ("It's been a while" vs. "You recently"). You will also be able to get an idea how many contacts you would be doing this for.

In other words, this is not something I'd try to automate.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bhutchinson850,

There probably is a way to achieve this with workflows but if there is, it would be convoluted and very high maintenance.

Here's how I would approach this:

When you are publishing a new content offer, add it to your nurturing workflows. Depending on the content, it might sit better at the beginning or towards the end of your nurturing workflow. It would be close to impossible to have a contact re-enter and leave the workflow at the correct section.

For those contacts who have not experienced a certain offer yet, I would simply work with a standalone regular email send. Create an active list of all contacts who have never seen the landing page / thank you page / accessed the direct link to the file and are not currently enrolled in your nurturing workflow. Then you can set up a one-time email send. Not only does this give you the ability to potentially further segment by the last interaction date ("It's been a while" vs. "You recently"). You will also be able to get an idea how many contacts you would be doing this for.

In other words, this is not something I'd try to automate.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes