Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

leahk
Membre

Redoing Lead Scoring

Résolue

Hi all!

Here's the situation: when we originally put together our lead scoring logic, we thought we had it all figured out. But then some of our business needs changed, so I'm going to re-do the whole thing to make sure that high lead scores are held by leads that are good for our business. 

Some questions:

- I know you can't 'reset' to zero manually - but if you simply delete all existing lead scoring criteria, will that automatically and instantly set everyone back to zero?

-- Follow up: rather than deleting all existing logic - if you simply tweak existing point values (ex: title has 'VP' used to be worth 5, now is worth 10), will everyone automatically get recalculated instantly? 

- When you do either one of those options, does the Hubspot/Salesforce API limit freak out and max out pretty quickly? (I assume yes since every lead would have an updated data point...)

If anyone has done this before and is willing to share their step-by-step process, that would be great. I'm sure it's as simple as updating the existing logic, but with these things you never know! 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
bradmin
Solution
Conseiller clé

Redoing Lead Scoring

Résolue

Hi, @leahk. I can't speak to resetting values, but I can about the impacts on the Salesforce integration.

Any change to a contact's HubSpot score will resync it, if mapped. As a result, even a small change to the scoring rules has the potential to use a lot of API calls, if that change results in a lot of contacts' scores changing.

If you're planning material changes to your scoring scheme, I recommend making all your planned changes at once, rather than a series of incremental changes that potentially resyncs a large volume of records multiple times. [Optionally, disable this mapping, make scoring changes, wait a few minutes then remap with or without resyncing after.]

If a plan like that still has the potential to use a large volume of calls, you may want to wait for a time where few users or integrations use the system, like on weekends or holidays.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
Daniel_Bleich
Conseiller clé

Redoing Lead Scoring

Résolue

Hi @leahk ,

We have recently also changed our entire scoring strategy. Each score that you change will impact the lead which was effected by this. For example if Lead has a VP in name and score of 10 and you change scoring so VP gets +5 score you will see this immediatly for this lead, you can see this in the scoring history in the contact.

Leads that did not have this criteria will not be affected from this cahnge.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
bradmin
Solution
Conseiller clé

Redoing Lead Scoring

Résolue

Hi, @leahk. I can't speak to resetting values, but I can about the impacts on the Salesforce integration.

Any change to a contact's HubSpot score will resync it, if mapped. As a result, even a small change to the scoring rules has the potential to use a lot of API calls, if that change results in a lot of contacts' scores changing.

If you're planning material changes to your scoring scheme, I recommend making all your planned changes at once, rather than a series of incremental changes that potentially resyncs a large volume of records multiple times. [Optionally, disable this mapping, make scoring changes, wait a few minutes then remap with or without resyncing after.]

If a plan like that still has the potential to use a large volume of calls, you may want to wait for a time where few users or integrations use the system, like on weekends or holidays.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.