Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

SimoneM
Contributor

Receive a notification everytime a properties changes?

SOLVE

Hi,  is there a way to receive a notifications (internal email is ok) every time a property is changed? Any time that a property value is changed by a User or by any automation.

Thank you

Simone

2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SimoneM 

Quite a number of properties can be used as re-enrolment triggers in a workflow - that workflow can send an internal notifcaiton each time. 

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

PatrickEng
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@morganmcgee ,

The if branch you could leverage is just checking to see if the contacts has completed the workflow before. If they haven't completed it, that means it's their first time, i.e., their last name is being set for the first time.

Once they complete that workflow, they'll be enrolled in the yes branch then on out, meaning, their original last name has been updated.

So in the No branch, you would do nothing. But in the yes branch, that's where you create actions for when the last name was changed from the previous one.

The only thing I would warn you about is if you're integrated with Salesforce and you're syncing that data back to HubSpot. Meaning, if I update the last name in HubSpot but we're using Salesforce as the true value, the contact will be enrolled in this workflow twice while also getting their last name changed back to what it was before.

last name is known if branch.PNG

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17
PatrickEng
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@SimoneM,

Similar to what Phil was saying, if you just use whatever custom contact property you want to check against, just use that as the enrollment critieria and just specify if contact property is known. Then make sure re-enrollment is enabled.

first name is known.PNG

In this case, what's going to happen is that everytime first name is updated, it will be known, thus triggering re-enrollment in the workflow.

I tested it myself (setup a workflow with an internal email send based on a custom contact property) and every time the custom property I made was updated to a new value, I received a new internal notification email.

Hope that helps!

morganmcgee
Contributor

SOLVE

@PatrickEng @Phil_Vallender 

What if you only want to be notified when the value changes from one known value to another known value (i.e., you don't want to receive a notification the first time the value is known)? Is there a way to do this?

Example: we get a new lead in the system, and his last name becomes known. I don't want to get a notification this first time. However, if the last name is changed, I want to know.

PatrickEng
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@morganmcgee ,

The if branch you could leverage is just checking to see if the contacts has completed the workflow before. If they haven't completed it, that means it's their first time, i.e., their last name is being set for the first time.

Once they complete that workflow, they'll be enrolled in the yes branch then on out, meaning, their original last name has been updated.

So in the No branch, you would do nothing. But in the yes branch, that's where you create actions for when the last name was changed from the previous one.

The only thing I would warn you about is if you're integrated with Salesforce and you're syncing that data back to HubSpot. Meaning, if I update the last name in HubSpot but we're using Salesforce as the true value, the contact will be enrolled in this workflow twice while also getting their last name changed back to what it was before.

last name is known if branch.PNG

Courtney_Clark
Participant

SOLVE

This was great to use as a solution for a contact workflow. However, this does not work for a company workflow. Company workflows do not have "workflow status" as an option. Any recommendations on how this can work for a company workflow?

0 Upvotes
DavidLMurs

SOLVE

Hi Patrick, how do you add a workflow to an if/then branch? Is this no longer possible? I don't see this option available for my if/then branches. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
ReshmaRR
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @PatrickEng ,

Your solution works for Contacts but not Companys. Is there a way to find out a property has been changed in a Company form?

More specifically, the Company owner needs to be alerts when thier company is updated as Target accounts Ture or False.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @ReshmaRR 

Welcome to the Community, If the properties changing to alert the company owners are based on company properties, you are able to create the same workflow but company type workflow.

Let us know how that works.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
ReshmaRR
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
ReshmaRR
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Pam,

I was able to figure out a worflow to alert when anyone changes the target acounts property. I enabled re-enrollment for this workflow.

ReshmaRR_0-1602053473744.png

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ReshmaRR 

Thank you for sharing with us this workflow!

Kindly,Pam

0 Upvotes
Akamu77
Participant

SOLVE

I'm trying to do a similar workflow design for a Deal... is there a workflow status for Deals? I can't seem to find that option.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @Akamu77 

I believe it may work for deals if you have the same properties listed in contacts as these posts refer.

Are you able to test in your end and keep us update on how it works?

Thank you,

Pam

0 Upvotes
Akamu77
Participant

SOLVE

In fact, I don't see any property-fields available related to the word "workflow" anywhere in the Deal. 

Akamu77_0-1601557188452.png

0 Upvotes
morganmcgee
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks, @PatrickEng and @Phil_Vallender . This seems to be working!

Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @morganmcgee 

You should be able to do this by adding some if/then branches to the same workflow with the re-enrollment enabled. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
morganmcgee
Contributor

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure I follow. If you have a few minutes, could you maybe explain further with an example?

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SimoneM 

Quite a number of properties can be used as re-enrolment triggers in a workflow - that workflow can send an internal notifcaiton each time. 

Hope that helps.