Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

kellyj
Mitglied

Re-sync contacts that were removed/deleted in Salesforce

lösung

We keep running into an issue where a contact interacts with one of our pages and they get put in a workflow that sends them over to Sales as a hot lead, but there is a sync error because the contact had previously been deleted from our Salesforce instance. I have to manually check the workflow periodically to find the contacts with sync errors and scroll down to the Salesforce section and manually re-sync them. Is there a way to automate this? Or at least a way for me to pull a list of all the sync errors so I dont have to search through the workflow history to find them?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
bradmin
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi, @kellyj. I wrote a longer reply to this earlier, but it got deleted. 

HubSpot Support can help with this. If time is a factor, I recommend calling in versus filing a web ticket. You'll need support to do two things: 

1) Get them to expose a contact property which shows contacts deleted from Salesforce. 

2) Once complete, build a list of anyone who's been deleted from Salesforce in HubSpot (with or without additional criteria, up to you). Make sure it's a static list. Notify HubSpot Support, and indicate you want all the contacts on the list to resync again. Expect a business day's turnaround for each ask. 

This process is meant to help with "accidental" deletes, and should not be part of any periodic or ongoing cleanups. Once HubSpot Support gets those contacts on the list from step 2 to sync again, they'll sync freely. However, if you have a new group of previously-deleted contacts you need resyncing, you'll need to call up HubSpot Support and get them to repeat this entire process.

It won't be practical to routinely delete out of Salesforce, AND get HubSpot to resync them again. That requires too much coordination to be useful. If what you're talking about is effectively a one-time job, HubSpot Support can help. 

If you're routinely deleting out of Salesforce and need resyncs, your best bet may be to reclassify the records in Salesforce, instead of deleting them. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
4 Antworten
TimKlimasewski
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hello @cmac91 , I know it has been some time but I wondered if you had any additional insights in the past 2 years. I see Bradmin's post in 2017 about asking HubSpot to reveal a field so you can "see" what records are no longer syncing from salesforce (presumably because they were deleted -- I have a case where we just deployed selective-sync after our initial deployment so those "hidden" records may look like a delete to HubSpot). Then in 2019 you mentioned that there is no longer an option to ask HubSpot to reveal the field that indicates if a contact is no longer syncing??? Thanks, Tim

0 Upvotes
ProFromGo
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung
An alternative way to see SalesForce sync errors that you might find useful:

Click your profile icon in the top right corner while logged in to HS on desktop.

Go to integrations -> SalesForce -> More -> View Details

On this screen you’ll find a “sync errors” tab that shows all your SF sync errors regardless of the sync method, whether it was via a workflow or a SalesForce campaign set in page or form settings.

Hope that helps!
bradmin
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi, @kellyj. I wrote a longer reply to this earlier, but it got deleted. 

HubSpot Support can help with this. If time is a factor, I recommend calling in versus filing a web ticket. You'll need support to do two things: 

1) Get them to expose a contact property which shows contacts deleted from Salesforce. 

2) Once complete, build a list of anyone who's been deleted from Salesforce in HubSpot (with or without additional criteria, up to you). Make sure it's a static list. Notify HubSpot Support, and indicate you want all the contacts on the list to resync again. Expect a business day's turnaround for each ask. 

This process is meant to help with "accidental" deletes, and should not be part of any periodic or ongoing cleanups. Once HubSpot Support gets those contacts on the list from step 2 to sync again, they'll sync freely. However, if you have a new group of previously-deleted contacts you need resyncing, you'll need to call up HubSpot Support and get them to repeat this entire process.

It won't be practical to routinely delete out of Salesforce, AND get HubSpot to resync them again. That requires too much coordination to be useful. If what you're talking about is effectively a one-time job, HubSpot Support can help. 

If you're routinely deleting out of Salesforce and need resyncs, your best bet may be to reclassify the records in Salesforce, instead of deleting them. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
cmac91
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

It seems this option is no longer available. however, it would be great to have an easy way to re-sync contacts deleted from salesforce and right now, the only option appears to be manually by uploading the contacts to salesforce manually. 

0 Upvotes