Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

AllisonAltus
Top Contributor

Re enrollment based on Property update

SOLVE

Is it possible for contacts to re-enroll into a workflow when a certain contact property field (which is already a trigger in the workflow) is updated? 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @AllisonAltus,

HubSpot should re-enroll a contact when the value of a property is updated and when this property is selected for re-enrollment 

@Rebecca93, for a contact to (re-)enroll, the contact needs to meet all criteria, regardless of whether it's the first, second or third time enrolling. If you select one property for re-enrollment, an update to the value of this specific property will trigger another check of all the other criteria. If they're still met, the contact may enter again.

I've tested this to make sure. Here's my test setup:

Contact enrollment trigger:

Email is equal to any of test@emaildomain.com

AND

First name is known

Allow contacts who meet the trigger criteria to re-enroll when any one of the following occurs:

Email is equal to any of test@emaildomain.com (not ticked)

First name is known

Workflow action: Send internal email notification to myself

When I switched this workflow on, it sent an internal email notification for the contact with the email address test@emaildomain.com. The workflow action was executed and I received an internal email notification.

I now navigated to the contact record, changed the first name of this contact, the contact re-enrolled, I received another internal email notification.

I changed the first name again, the contact re-enrolled, I received another internal email notification.

As you can see, an updated value triggers the re-enrollment. (I'd recommend testing this behavior on your own workflow.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @AllisonAltus,

HubSpot should re-enroll a contact when the value of a property is updated and when this property is selected for re-enrollment 

@Rebecca93, for a contact to (re-)enroll, the contact needs to meet all criteria, regardless of whether it's the first, second or third time enrolling. If you select one property for re-enrollment, an update to the value of this specific property will trigger another check of all the other criteria. If they're still met, the contact may enter again.

I've tested this to make sure. Here's my test setup:

Contact enrollment trigger:

Email is equal to any of test@emaildomain.com

AND

First name is known

Allow contacts who meet the trigger criteria to re-enroll when any one of the following occurs:

Email is equal to any of test@emaildomain.com (not ticked)

First name is known

Workflow action: Send internal email notification to myself

When I switched this workflow on, it sent an internal email notification for the contact with the email address test@emaildomain.com. The workflow action was executed and I received an internal email notification.

I now navigated to the contact record, changed the first name of this contact, the contact re-enrolled, I received another internal email notification.

I changed the first name again, the contact re-enrolled, I received another internal email notification.

As you can see, an updated value triggers the re-enrollment. (I'd recommend testing this behavior on your own workflow.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Rebecca93
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks so much for your help!

If i have the following: 

'Last visited date is known' 

AND

'Consequtive 1:1 sessions is greater than 0' 

Would I tick only the re-enrollment to 'Last visited date is known'  ?  

AIM: I want the deal to only pass through the workflow if they meet both criterias? I imagine if i tick just the 1 re-enrollment 'Last visited date is known' - it would try to inject the deal into the workflow, but if their property 'consequitive 1:1 session was not greater than 0' it would exit/fail to go through? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@Rebecca93, correct, with re-enrollment based on Last visited date is known I'd expect the workflow to (re-)enroll a record whenever there is a new value for Last visited date – but only if Consequtive 1:1 sessions is greater than 0.

Karsten Köhler

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AllisonAltus,

While there is no enrollment criteria around the field being updated, you can have a field cleared and reset through the workflow, which would trigger the workflow to reenroll (if reenrollment is enabled), as the field goes from being unknown to known. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
AllisonAltus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda, thanks for your reply. Ok yes, I've now set my workflow to clear the property and then i've also selected that contacts are removed from the workflow when they no longer meet the enrollment criteria.

However, does this mean i still have to select re-enrollment option -  "allow contacts who meet the trigger criteria to re-enrol when any one of the following occurs"? Because meeting only one of the criteria is not what i want. 

OR 

Does this mean because they were removed, I don't have to select the re-enrollment option and they will be re-enrolled because they meet the original two enrollment triggers and have already been removed? 

Sorry, i hope the above makes sense! 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AllisonAltus,

You would still need to have reenrollment enabled, as the record of the contact already having gone through the workflow will be present, even if they meet the enrollment criteria again.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
AllisonAltus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda

Ok i've selected re-enrollment ON.  But i'm still confused by this statement "Contacts who meet the triggers above will be enrolled again if they meet one of 2 re-enrollment triggers."

I have two enrollment triggers - 1. Contact Owner is XX and 2. Custom url is known. 

I don't want contacts to re-enroll just on the basis of criteria number 1 being met. The custom url must also be known.

Or have i misunderstood this, and there's no risk of that happening?

Thank you

Allison 

0 Upvotes
Rebecca93
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there, 

I am having the same confusion. Did you manage to get to the bottom of this? 

I want deals to re-enroll into a workflow but only go through the full workflow if both of the criterias are matched. I read online that even if you select either of the re-enrollments 'any of' - the record must still meet the initial trigger but I am very confused. Is that right? I feel support give me different answers everytime! Any help would be appreciated 🙂 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AllisonAltus

You should be able select which reenrollment options you want to have enabled/active.

Also, you should have access to HubSpot Technical Support if you are using workflows, so you can always reach out to them to walk through your specific set up.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes