Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Bob2245
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Platinum

Re-enroll into workflow when date is updated

resolver

So, I have a portal for a Recruitment company, where the GDPR permission date is recorded into a field. We want to have an always-on workflow that monitors contacts who gave their permission 11, 16, 20, 23 etc. months ago, and sends them an email reminding/triggering them to renew their permission before 2 years have passed. If they don't renew, their record will be removed.

So my trigger for this workflow is date field is 11 months ago. It then sends the email. My challenge: if the contact responds to the email and renews their permission, that date field will be updated to the moment of renewal. So again within 11 months, this contact will need to be picked up by this workflow again. However I can't select the date field trigger as a re-enrollment option. 

I've built a workaround, that feels clunky and I'm not sure if it'll work:

Bob2245_0-1625657366335.png

Basically it's a workflow centered around the date property, set to re-enroll on the date property = known criterium (it's possible if the workflow is centered around a date property apparently). 11 months after the enrollment, it'll check if the date is still 11 months old - as it can also be refreshed by other things like form submissions - and if true, will send the email. If false, it will remove them from the workflow. It'll repeat this section for 16 months, 20 months and 23,5 months after the original date. At every timepoint is a check to see if the date is still that amount of months ago, and if not the contact is removed.

My question here is will the contact be re-added to this workflow after they've been removed? 

Any thoughts on how I can set this up, or if this setup will work?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Bob2245
Solución

resolver

I'm a derpy. I've solved it myself in a much simpler way. Inspired by this topic, I made separate lists for each date milestone (i.e. date + 11 months, date + 16 months, etc.), and separate workflows for each of those, that sends the respective email for that milestone. Re-enrollment criteria is that they become a member of the list again. Easy peasy 😅

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
Bob2245
Solución

resolver

I'm a derpy. I've solved it myself in a much simpler way. Inspired by this topic, I made separate lists for each date milestone (i.e. date + 11 months, date + 16 months, etc.), and separate workflows for each of those, that sends the respective email for that milestone. Re-enrollment criteria is that they become a member of the list again. Easy peasy 😅