Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

RicardoCampos
Top Contributor

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

Hi! I wanna reactivate a WF when a property change. I,m trying it using the property "last modification date" but I can´t re-start the workflow. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Hollyce
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

EDITED: I apologize all, I was mistaken about the particular steps below. Turns out that datetime fields (the default ones that HubSpot provides) are different than the date picker custom fields you can create. You cannot copy info from a datetime field such as Last modified date to a date picket field or even to a sinlg-line text field. You must use the HubSpot API. More info here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/compatible-source-and-target-properties-for-copying-property...

Read the original (incorrect) post below.

Ricardo,

There is a potential workaround to this if you create a custom property, then use a separate workflow to populate that property. 

First, create a custom date property called "Last modified date COPY" or a name that you choose. 

Next, create a workflow. The enrollment triggers will be when "Create date" is "known" and when "Last modified date" is "known." Click on that enrollment step, and for the re-enrollment trigger, click "Allow contacts who meet the trigger" to re-enroll, and check the "Create date is known" box. The next step will be to copy the value of "Last modified date" to your new custom property "Last modified date COPY." Turn on the workflow, and all of your contacts will continually run through it. Every time the Last modified date changes, it will be copied to your custom property.

Now, create the workflow you initially intended to create, but use the COPY property as your trigger. You should be able to set up re-enrollment so that when this COPY date becomes "known," the workflow will fire.

If it works for you, please mark this as a "solution." Thanks!

View solution in original post

RicardoCampos
Solution
Top Contributor

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

Thanks, I tried that @yfundora but I can´t change this field every day... I manage a lot of WF and it´s impossible for me and my team. I found a solution playing with the if/then branch and time delays. If the contact was in the stage "1", then will pass automatically to the "stage 2", and so on... 

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
PGood
Participant

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

A solution I found with a HS support person is very similar

1. Enroll on "Last modified date is after XX date (XX date = Any date in the past)

2. Reenrollment can be based on that.

Tested and it works for the deal object, pretty sure it would work for any object (contact, company, etc.)

AndreaMilani
Contributor

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

@PGood it seems that solution doesn't work anymore, did you find another way?

0 Upvotes
gcollette
Participant

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

If you set the "Last modified date" to "has been updated in the last 1 day," that should allow you to use it as a re-enrollment trigger.

Last modified date re-enrollment HubSpot.png

0 Upvotes
PGood
Participant

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

Pretty sure the best way to do it is using 'is known' and having re-enrollment allowed for it.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing your solution @PGood 

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
yfundora
Participant

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

Hello @RicardoCampos , @PamCotton , @Hollyce !

There is a simple solution I've just implemented and is working for me: 

As we know, "Last modified date is known" is not a trigger criteria for re-enrolment, but if you instead put "Last modified date is after 10-12-2020 (yesterday)" HS allows to add it as trigger re-enrolment, so every time a company change this will be updated with a date after yesterday 😁

Let me know if this makes sense for you guys.

Thanks!

AndreaMilani
Contributor

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

@yfundora it seems this workaround is not possible anyomore, did you find another way?

0 Upvotes
RicardoCampos
Solution
Top Contributor

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

Thanks, I tried that @yfundora but I can´t change this field every day... I manage a lot of WF and it´s impossible for me and my team. I found a solution playing with the if/then branch and time delays. If the contact was in the stage "1", then will pass automatically to the "stage 2", and so on... 

Hollyce
Solution

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

EDITED: I apologize all, I was mistaken about the particular steps below. Turns out that datetime fields (the default ones that HubSpot provides) are different than the date picker custom fields you can create. You cannot copy info from a datetime field such as Last modified date to a date picket field or even to a sinlg-line text field. You must use the HubSpot API. More info here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/compatible-source-and-target-properties-for-copying-property...

Read the original (incorrect) post below.

Ricardo,

There is a potential workaround to this if you create a custom property, then use a separate workflow to populate that property. 

First, create a custom date property called "Last modified date COPY" or a name that you choose. 

Next, create a workflow. The enrollment triggers will be when "Create date" is "known" and when "Last modified date" is "known." Click on that enrollment step, and for the re-enrollment trigger, click "Allow contacts who meet the trigger" to re-enroll, and check the "Create date is known" box. The next step will be to copy the value of "Last modified date" to your new custom property "Last modified date COPY." Turn on the workflow, and all of your contacts will continually run through it. Every time the Last modified date changes, it will be copied to your custom property.

Now, create the workflow you initially intended to create, but use the COPY property as your trigger. You should be able to set up re-enrollment so that when this COPY date becomes "known," the workflow will fire.

If it works for you, please mark this as a "solution." Thanks!

KyleParker
Contributor

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

@Hollyce thanks for the suggestion with the edited remarks. I've attempted this hack (I did create a new date/time property via the API), but it does not pick up changes made to a contact record. Based on the logic, I'm not sure how it would? Since the "last modified date" cannot be a re-enrollment trigger, how do updates to the contact record trigger this workflow? 

I've been searching for a way to trigger a workflow when any contact property is updated (without the need to include every property as a re-enrollment trigger with an "is known" status) and it would be great if this solution worked.

Thanks for any tips or recommendations you might have.

0 Upvotes
RicardoCampos
Top Contributor

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

Nice solution! Thanks so much Hollyce!

Regards

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re-activate WF

SOLVE

Hello @RicardoCampos 

At the moment, the property Last modified date cannot be added as a re-enrollment option in a Workflow. 

Re-enrollment triggers cannot be refined by date or number.

This article explains more about it: Add re-enrollment triggers to a workflow 

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !