Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

emilyladrig
Participant

Question on delays for if/then branch in a workflow

SOLVE

I'm struggling with the delays in my workflow when dealing with an if/then branch. I am sending my customers an email with a Survey Monkey link. If the user completes the survey, I want them to receive a second confirmation email immediately. But if the user does not complete the survey, I would like them to receive a reminder email 2 days after the original email.

My question is how do I give everyone 2 days to complete the survey before sending a reminder, but allowing the people that do fill out the survey right away to get the confirmation email immediately? Right now, it delayed the confirmation email 2 days as well. Below is my workflow.

HS question.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @emilyladrig. I'm not sure this is something which can be accounted for in a single workflow. Either you'll have a yes/no branch and then a delay, or the other way around. In both cases, there's no way to apply additional conditions which allows bypassing or jump-starting new branches. 

Instead, you may want to try a separate workflow which executes the desired actions whenever the form is filled out. Your original workflow can use the 2-day delay; those not filling out the form move on, and those who have can be removed from the original workflow with no subsequent actions. (There are a bunch of ways to enroll and remove contacts through different workflow settings, but I'm not certain you'll be able to accomplish what you want with a single workflow.)

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
smondeau
Participant

SOLVE

I think you can get around the delay entirely. There is an integration between survey monkey and hubspot available. Just do that and then create a smart list that stores everyone that has taken the survey. If theyre in the smart list you can send out something or if they are on the original email list, but not the smart list you know they havent completed it. Be aware the integration kind of **bleep** for anythign complex right now, but it would let you know if someone completed the survey reliably. Its not realt time, but rather 10-12 hours between syncs, but if you are already thinking a two day is good that should still work for you.

Best of luck!

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @emilyladrig. I'm not sure this is something which can be accounted for in a single workflow. Either you'll have a yes/no branch and then a delay, or the other way around. In both cases, there's no way to apply additional conditions which allows bypassing or jump-starting new branches. 

Instead, you may want to try a separate workflow which executes the desired actions whenever the form is filled out. Your original workflow can use the 2-day delay; those not filling out the form move on, and those who have can be removed from the original workflow with no subsequent actions. (There are a bunch of ways to enroll and remove contacts through different workflow settings, but I'm not certain you'll be able to accomplish what you want with a single workflow.)

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
emilyladrig
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, that helped!

0 Upvotes