Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Roger
Contributor

Property from custom object in email list

SOLVE

Is there a possibility to integrate an email property from a custom object in an email list to send out a marketing email? Does anybody have an idea or a workaround?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
CAnderson716
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Roger I would set up a custom field called Type on the Contact Object and have all your Contacts that are associated with the Partner Object get their field updated to Partner. You can then have an active list listen for when the Type field equals Partner and have all of these Contacts be the recipients for your newsletter. 

I also pulled this help article on custom objects which discusses using custom object data in a workflow to trigger certain actions. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/use-custom-objects

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
CAnderson716

SOLVE

Hi @Roger it sounds like you want to create an active list based on certain criteria that triggers an email to send with a workflow. What is the property, data, or criteria that you are trying to use from the custom object?

Roger
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @CAnderson716 the concept is to have a partner object with email addresses in it. If you try to select datas for a list, it's actually only possible to use the contact email property to send out a newsletter. Even the company email don't work. Do you have a clever idea for a workaround?

0 Upvotes
CAnderson716
Solution

SOLVE

@Roger I would set up a custom field called Type on the Contact Object and have all your Contacts that are associated with the Partner Object get their field updated to Partner. You can then have an active list listen for when the Type field equals Partner and have all of these Contacts be the recipients for your newsletter. 

I also pulled this help article on custom objects which discusses using custom object data in a workflow to trigger certain actions. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/use-custom-objects