Property disappeared - help

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

We lost our main user category segmenting property. 

I am assuming this went out when we deleted the user that created it. Is that something possible? Is there a way to get it back and restored somehow?

Thanks,

Thibault 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Thought Leader

Understood. HubSpot User's on free tiers have access to support here in the HubSpot Community. That includes support from both official HubSpotters (employees of HubSpot) and from non-HubSpotter Orange People (like us). Smiley Happy

One solution may be to simply re-create the missing Contact property. Usually, the original data comes back with it.

We hesitate to recommend this solution without seeing what's going on inside your particular portal -- only HubSpot Support can do that unless you specifically grant access otherwise.

We've pinged HubSpot Support to follow-up with your request. Good luck on your project.

cc: @jennysowyrda 

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Community Manager

Hi @tibo-arrivage,

@MFrankJohnson is correct; if you recreate the property using the same internal value as the original property, the information will come back Smiley Happy 

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
7 Replies
Community Thought Leader

Not sure what your "main user category segmenting property" is, but no HubSpot properties are normally deleted as part of the HubSpot User deletion process. That would be a HUGE fail.

What version of HubSpot are you using? Have you reached out to HubSpot Support for help with your missing property?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Frank and thanks for your answer.

This is what I assume too but can not find how that contact property would have been deleted... 

main user category is the way we organize contact: vendor, buyer, partner, etc...  This was our only property creating segmentation. 

I am with the free version and have no access to support. 

Thibault 

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader

Understood. HubSpot User's on free tiers have access to support here in the HubSpot Community. That includes support from both official HubSpotters (employees of HubSpot) and from non-HubSpotter Orange People (like us). Smiley Happy

One solution may be to simply re-create the missing Contact property. Usually, the original data comes back with it.

We hesitate to recommend this solution without seeing what's going on inside your particular portal -- only HubSpot Support can do that unless you specifically grant access otherwise.

We've pinged HubSpot Support to follow-up with your request. Good luck on your project.

cc: @jennysowyrda 

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

New Contributor

Thanks Frank for all clarifications, I am a newbie here.

The missing property did include many types/segments so I am a bit skeptical on the fact they will all come back. Any hubspot official around here to help? 

Best,

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @tibo-arrivage,

@MFrankJohnson is correct; if you recreate the property using the same internal value as the original property, the information will come back Smiley Happy 

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Great, thanks Jenny, it works !

I had some difficulties to find the precise name of the field (french accents are not helping).

If that help someone in future: I got to find it back with error message from zappier not matching fields properly.

Best,

Thibault 

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader

This is EXCELLENT news @tibo-arrivage ... please accept as solved!

0 Upvotes