Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

josh_at_MITTR
参加者

Possible to restrict a workflow to a certain day of the week

解決

is it possible to have a workflow with automatic enrollment that only enrolls new contacts on a specific day of the week?

I built a workflow to perform an action (send an email) every 7 days for a number of weeks.  But I'd like the workflow to only enroll people on, say, a Wednesday so that I know every wednesday we're sending emails related to this workflow.

We have a number of email workflows for different purposes. I don't want someone getting two emails within a few minutes of each other. But I also don't want a contact who is active in one workflow to be inactive in the others.

So how can I get automation with some control of the day of the week on which it works?

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Is it possible to have a workflow with automatic enrollment that only enrolls new contacts on a specific day of the week??

Short A: No. Not buit-in HubSpot Marketing functionality.

Longer A:

Typically, we use HubSpot RSS emails to auto-send on a specific day/time of the week/day. But those are reserved for things like blog subscriptions. However, you may use a Date-Centered Workflow to achieve similar results.

It will not be pretty.

Here's the framework for a Wednesday 2019 Q1 date-centered workflow. We only build these by quarter to keep the size manageable (<20-30 actions).
- see Create 'Center on a date' or 'Center on a date property' contact-based workflows

Of course, you'll need to add enrollment criteria and all the emails!
- see imageHubSpot Date-Centered Workflow (send every Wed 2019 Q1)HubSpot Date-Centered Workflow (send every Wed 2019 Q1)

Click for full-scale image

You'll notice that we like to build our workflows with the end date at the top. That way, Super Admins can quickly see what these things are doing without getting scroller-thumb.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
kaious
トップ投稿者

解決

@josh_at_MITTR if it's still relevant, I had the same issue and came up with a bit of a hack around involving Zapier it's been working well for us - hope it helps: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hubspot-hack-around-running-workflows-specific-day-week-kai-crow

MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Is it possible to have a workflow with automatic enrollment that only enrolls new contacts on a specific day of the week??

Short A: No. Not buit-in HubSpot Marketing functionality.

Longer A:

Typically, we use HubSpot RSS emails to auto-send on a specific day/time of the week/day. But those are reserved for things like blog subscriptions. However, you may use a Date-Centered Workflow to achieve similar results.

It will not be pretty.

Here's the framework for a Wednesday 2019 Q1 date-centered workflow. We only build these by quarter to keep the size manageable (<20-30 actions).
- see Create 'Center on a date' or 'Center on a date property' contact-based workflows

Of course, you'll need to add enrollment criteria and all the emails!
- see imageHubSpot Date-Centered Workflow (send every Wed 2019 Q1)HubSpot Date-Centered Workflow (send every Wed 2019 Q1)

Click for full-scale image

You'll notice that we like to build our workflows with the end date at the top. That way, Super Admins can quickly see what these things are doing without getting scroller-thumb.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com