Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

fazzio349
Contributor

Pipeline report for company lifecycle stage

SOLVE

I'm trying to create a pipline report of lifecycle stages based on company, not contact. Company doesn't seem to be an option for this. 

We are a B2B company. We are running into an issue where, while there may be 5,000 people at a company, that's not 5,000 opportunities. It's technically only 1. I would like to create a pipline report that shows the process of how many companies went through these stages instead, but that doesn't seem to be possible even with the new ABM features they rolled out? Basically I need a bar chart displaying the number of companies that "have ever been xyx lifecycle stage." (Not currently is xyz lifecycle stage.)

Also, I know there is a setting to sync the company lifecycle stage to the associated contacts. Is there a way to edit this, maybe through a workflow, so that only companies marked as customers have all associated contacts changed? As I mentioned earlier, there may be 100 contacts in our database associated with that company, but we're only speaking with 2 or 3 that we consider opportunities.

1 Accepted solution
Nynke_HM
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fazzio349 ,

The situation you're talking about is very common situation. I'll answer your questions one by one:

I'm trying to create a pipline report of lifecycle stages based on company, not contact. Company doesn't seem to be an option for this. 

True. You can't create funnel reports with the Company object, only Contacts, events and deals are available for these reports. I am not sure this feature is included in the Reporting add-on. 

I would like to create a pipline report that shows the process of how many companies went through these stages instead. Basically I need a bar chart displaying the number of companies that "have ever been xyx lifecycle stage." 

You could try to make a work-around with custom reports. I think the best way to do this, is to create a multiple object report with Companies that are currently Customer ánd contacts that have been MQL, SQL, Opp in the past (or one of those):

HS community - Custom report Company lifecycle v2.png

You could specify by date on the report to get data from a certain period. Of course you could do this on dashboard level as well.

Also, I know there is a setting to sync the company lifecycle stage to the associated contacts. Is there a way to edit this, maybe through a workflow, so that only companies marked as customers have all associated contacts changed? 

Yes, in this case you would turn off the sync functionality (Settings --> Contact and Companies --> Companies) and create a workflow for this. Keep it simple: if company lifecycle stage = customer update lifecycle stages from associated contacts:

HS community - Company lifecycle stage to customer.png

If you can only sell once to a company, I'd recommend keeping the sync setting activated and not create te workflow. If there's a potential opportunity per contact, turning it off would be better. 

Hope this helps!!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Nynke_HM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @fazzio349 ,

The situation you're talking about is very common situation. I'll answer your questions one by one:

True. You can't create funnel reports with the Company object, only Contacts, events and deals are available for these reports. I am not sure this feature is included in the Reporting add-on. 

I would like to create a pipline report that shows the process of how many companies went through these stages instead. Basically I need a bar chart displaying the number of companies that "have ever been xyx lifecycle stage." 

You could try to make a work-around with custom reports. I think the best way to do this, is to create a multiple object report with Companies that are currently Customer ánd contacts that have been MQL, SQL, Opp in the past (or one of those):

HS community - Custom report Company lifecycle v2.png

You could specify by date on the report to get data from a certain period. Of course you could do this on dashboard level as well.

Also, I know there is a setting to sync the company lifecycle stage to the associated contacts. Is there a way to edit this, maybe through a workflow, so that only companies marked as customers have all associated contacts changed? 

Yes, in this case you would turn off the sync functionality (Settings --> Contact and Companies --> Companies) and create a workflow for this. Keep it simple: if company lifecycle stage = customer update lifecycle stages from associated contacts:

HS community - Company lifecycle stage to customer.png

If you can only sell once to a company, I'd recommend keeping the sync setting activated and not create te workflow. If there's a potential opportunity per contact, turning it off would be better. 

Hope this helps!!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
fazzio349
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you this definitely does help! However, I am running into an issue trying to create a cumulative report (maybe I'm missing something). I'd like to know not how many are currently set as a specific lifecycle stage, but in total how many people have gone through that stage at some point. So if we had 100 people, 50 of them became an MQL, 25 became an SQL, and 10 become Customers. Not that there are currently 25 MQLs, 15 SQL's, and 10 Customers or whatever it would be. Is something like that possible or will it only show who is currently in that lifecycle stage?

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @fazzio349,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they have any suggestions.

Hi @StefaniUAT @AdamLPW @Nynke_HM, would you be able to share your thoughts with @fazzio349?

Thanks!

Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes