Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

valenceprops
Membro

Personas using up all my list and can't delete them

resolver

I am using free version of CRM and initially set up some Personas - well, HubSpot automatically created Lists for each other those.. now I can't add more list and can't delete.. please advise.

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
ConnorSlivensky
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Elite

resolver

Those are tied to the Persona, the easiest way is to just delete the personas then you can delete the lists and lastly recreate the personas.

There's a checkbox that creates a list from a persona when you make it, make sure it's unchecked when making them.

Exibir solução no post original

ConnorSlivensky
Solução

resolver

By "deleting a value" do you mean removing a contact? I believe that Persona lists are "smart" so anyone with that persona attached would be pulled in. To remove someone from the list you'd have to clear their persona property in that case. I would export the persona list you want to remove to keep track of all those contacts. 

Then depending on if you have a list to spare do one of two things:

1. If you do have a spare one create your new persona with one. Then go to that export of contacts and change the persona field to whatever your new one is and reimport. You can find the article on formatting data for import here
  2. If you don't have an extra list it'll be the same basic process just longer. You'd need to do an export same as above but then go in and clear their persona property (workflows would make this easy if you have access otherwise it'll have to be manual).
    1. Once that's cleared your list should be empty and you should be able to delete the list/persona and create a new one. With that new one created you need to assign the old contacts the new persona (again through workflows, import or manual entry)

Let me know if that helps or you have any questions. 

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
6 Respostas 6
ConnorSlivensky
Solução

resolver

Those are tied to the Persona, the easiest way is to just delete the personas then you can delete the lists and lastly recreate the personas.

There's a checkbox that creates a list from a persona when you make it, make sure it's unchecked when making them.

tjrobertsnz
Participante

resolver

Does anyone know how to delete the last persona? HubSpot seems to insist on having one, but same problem re the free CRM - 4/5 of the lists you get are taken up by the persona lists.

EmuMariana
Participante

resolver

I have the same problem. Can't delete the lists because they are being used by Persona tool. Can't delete Personas because they are being used by active lists. None of the Delete options are available to click.

What do we do?!

tjrobertsnz
Participante

resolver
Work around: Add a new persona, but make sure the create persona lists box is unchecked. Then once that has been created delete the existing persona which has the lists. Not the most user friendly, but a quick fix once you know how.
JeanLyon
Membro

resolver

Having the same problem, I tried the suggested workaround but I can't even delete a value from the persona list. Any tip ?

0 Avaliação positiva
ConnorSlivensky
Solução

resolver

By "deleting a value" do you mean removing a contact? I believe that Persona lists are "smart" so anyone with that persona attached would be pulled in. To remove someone from the list you'd have to clear their persona property in that case. I would export the persona list you want to remove to keep track of all those contacts. 

Then depending on if you have a list to spare do one of two things:

1. If you do have a spare one create your new persona with one. Then go to that export of contacts and change the persona field to whatever your new one is and reimport. You can find the article on formatting data for import here
  2. If you don't have an extra list it'll be the same basic process just longer. You'd need to do an export same as above but then go in and clear their persona property (workflows would make this easy if you have access otherwise it'll have to be manual).
    1. Once that's cleared your list should be empty and you should be able to delete the list/persona and create a new one. With that new one created you need to assign the old contacts the new persona (again through workflows, import or manual entry)

Let me know if that helps or you have any questions. 

0 Avaliação positiva