Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

LBailey7

Out of Office Messages count as "opens"?

SOLVE

I'm creating a workflow, and am wondering if 'Out of Office' autoreplies will be considered 'un-opened' emails? I'd like them to stay in the workflow as unopened so hoping that's the case. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBailey7,

I tested this on a few email addresses in my portal by setting up autoresponders and sending marketing emails to these contacts. It looks like email addresses were indeed opened. Whether that is because they were checked to scan and evaluate them for potential security risk or because the autoresponder was sent is hard to say.

Keep in mind that email service providers might handle this differently.

If you want to rely on some kind of email engagement, it'd be safer to rely on the click of a specific link instead of the email open which has unfortunately become unreliable because of the reasons mentioned above.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBailey7 ,

Currently hubspot doesn’t offer a tool that checks to see if a reply to an email is an auto reply or not. So accordingly, if someone is replying ‘out of office’ that is an auto reply, it will be considered as ‘opened’.

You can always submit an idea if you feel like it and it will be then reviewed by the product team and might get updated ! Here's a link to the ideas section of the hubspot community.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ideas

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBailey7 ,

Currently hubspot doesn’t offer a tool that checks to see if a reply to an email is an auto reply or not. So accordingly, if someone is replying ‘out of office’ that is an auto reply, it will be considered as ‘opened’.

You can always submit an idea if you feel like it and it will be then reviewed by the product team and might get updated ! Here's a link to the ideas section of the hubspot community.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ideas

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBailey7,

I tested this on a few email addresses in my portal by setting up autoresponders and sending marketing emails to these contacts. It looks like email addresses were indeed opened. Whether that is because they were checked to scan and evaluate them for potential security risk or because the autoresponder was sent is hard to say.

Keep in mind that email service providers might handle this differently.

If you want to rely on some kind of email engagement, it'd be safer to rely on the click of a specific link instead of the email open which has unfortunately become unreliable because of the reasons mentioned above.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes