Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

AConcepcion
Participant

Open Email Trigger But Hold Off Until Future Engagement

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm confused how to put this into workflow. So we need to setup email campaigns for new leads. We will send series of emails and only if the 3 main emails are opened, they will be added to the active subscribers list. But if not, then they will continue to receive warming emails. My problem is, I need to continue sending the warming emails but at the same time, check if ANY of the warming emails have been opened so they will enter the criteria to be added into active subscribers list. I hope I'm making sense. To elaborate:

NEW LEAD:
  • SEND EMAIL 1 w/ SUBJECT LINE 1.1
OPEN EMAIL 1?
  • Yes: SEND EMAIL 2 w/ SUBJECT LINE 2.1 in [X] Days
  • No: SEND EMAIL 1 w/ SUBJECT LINE 1.2 in [X] Days
      • No: SEND EMAIL 1 w/ SUBJECT LINE 1.3 in [X] Days
          • No: Hold until future engagement (website visit or email open)

This cycle is repeated for the other 2 main emails. If I use if-then branch and put delays within x days for checking if email has been opened, they will exit the action and move on to next action right? But what if after 2 days they opened the email, I need to continue sending the email. If I use the delay of until event happens, then only if the email is opened the action is continued. Right now this is what I have: 

AConcepcion_0-1618602023024.png

Is this doable? Can you suggest any solution? Thank you so much. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AConcepcion,

Your workflow needs to be adjust just a little. It sends your three main emails and the additional warming emails. One after the other, no if/then branches. However, we're pulling people out of this workflow once they've opened email 1, 2 and 3. Or: email 1, 2 or 3, I couldn't get that from your original post.

In any case, you can clearly define in an active contact list, which contacts you would not like to stay in this workflow. You would now put this list into the exclusion list field in the Settings tab of this first workflow.

You've now achieved two things: The contacts who fulfill your list criteria will immediately leave the workflow once they've opened all (or any) of the emails. This is done via an exclusion list which magically is also your new subscriber list.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
AConcepcion
Participant

SOLVE

Would like to make a followup on this please. Thanks.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AConcepcion,

Your workflow needs to be adjust just a little. It sends your three main emails and the additional warming emails. One after the other, no if/then branches. However, we're pulling people out of this workflow once they've opened email 1, 2 and 3. Or: email 1, 2 or 3, I couldn't get that from your original post.

In any case, you can clearly define in an active contact list, which contacts you would not like to stay in this workflow. You would now put this list into the exclusion list field in the Settings tab of this first workflow.

You've now achieved two things: The contacts who fulfill your list criteria will immediately leave the workflow once they've opened all (or any) of the emails. This is done via an exclusion list which magically is also your new subscriber list.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @AConcepcion , I will add some top experts to share their thought about providing any solution @Phil_Vallender@Bryantworks what would you recommend to @AConcepcion matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !