Only personas get nurtured?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

We currently define an MQL as any person that meets the following criteria:

Operates in an Account Type AND in an Industry that aligns with our target

This means that we have a ton of MQLs in our system that are NOT necessarily aligned with our personas. Our personas are specific to roles/titles INSIDE those MQLs, band those specific personas are the ones receiving highly segmented, content appropriate nurtures.

BUT my concern is that we often get MQLs who ARE an MQL by definition, but maybe they aren't the right title. My worry is these people aren't getting nurtured, because they aren't the right PERSONA, but they are perhaps our only gateway to an account we really want access to. How do you all handle this? Do you have your highly segmented persona nutures, and then one generic nurture for everyone who isn't a persona?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Community Manager

Hi @Ashbrookek,

I want to pull in a few subject matter experts who may be able to speak to this issue: @MPeach and @Krystina, do you have any tips for @Ashbrookek?

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

@Ashbrookek ,

How are the "general" MQL's entering your database?

Yes, you would want to have a welcome series for them as well and enroll them in a general nurturing workflow if they are not inbounding on a specific topic.

Cheers, 

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
We help B2Bs on HubSpot turn visitors into quality sales opportunites.
HubSpot Platinum Partner Logo HubSpot Platinum Partner Agency
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
0 Upvotes

Additionally, 

You can take advantage of Smart Lists and Suppressions to ensure contacts are enrolled properly and there are no workflow overlaps.

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

We have a number of ways they come in - tradeshows, paid advertising, webforms, etc.  I understand list suppressions. I'm curious if other people are only nurturing their specific personas, or if EVERYONE in their database (that is MQL) receives a nurture. Or perhaps they aren't "nurtured" but do receive generic content around events/promotions/product launches, etc.

0 Upvotes

@Ashbrookek 

I personally think that every new contact should get nurturing, even if it's just a general welcome series. 

Contacts that haven't been active in a year, don't worry about them. For everyone else, yes, abosultely nurture them. 

Krystina Gillenwater