Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

JenWold
Participant

Nurture Workflow

SOLVE

Hi, I'm trying to trigger an email six months after someone makes a reservation with my company. My issue is that the close date isn't the same date that the person books the reservation for. (Similar to booking a hotel room...I might reserve it today but my stay isn't for 5 more weeks.)

Basically my enrollment trigger needs to be on a custom property which I'm finding impossible...but I know it can't be, lol! Just when I think I have it figured out I test deals within the workflow and none of them that I think should enroll, do. HELP!!!!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Nurture Workflow

SOLVE

Hi @JenWold,

You mentioned that you're using a custom contact property Rental end date, but the deal workflow is referencing a custom deal property in its enrollment criteria. HubSpot doesn't automatically synchronize properties between objects even if they have the same name –  so you would have to create that link.

There are two options here. First, you could copy the value from the contact property into the deal property with a workflow like the one below:

karstenkoehler_0-1622604857785.png

Keep in mind that this will update all associated deals of a contact, not just the one you're interested in. This might be fine especially if you always have only one deal associated with a contact. If the relationship is one-to-many, this wouldn't work.

That's why a second option might make sense, recreating your deal-based workflow as a contact-based workflow. You'd still be able to reference the Deal stage in the enrollment criteria and, more importantly, you could create a date-property-centered workflow. (This option is only available for contact-based workflows, not deal-based workflows.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

JenWold
Solution
Participant

Nurture Workflow

SOLVE

Hi Karsten!

I think this worked!! I don't have multiple contacts associated with a deal so I copied the property in a separate workflow. I'm getting one more set of eyes to look at it and then I'll turn it on. 😀

Thanks so much.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JenWold
Participant

Nurture Workflow

SOLVE

Hi @Crystal_Hopper, Thanks for responding. I need to trigger on a custom property called 'Rental End Date' which is a contact property. The attached screenshot is the best workflow idea I could come up with but doesn't enroll the deals and contacts associated with them like I need to. Maybe the property needs to be copied to a deal property? (Again, I need to trigger on the 'Rental End Date' date. Not before, not after, not between, etc.) Does that make sense?!!! Also, I've set a slim date range so I could test!

Thanks!

Jen

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 4.57.22 PM.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Nurture Workflow

SOLVE

Hi @JenWold,

You mentioned that you're using a custom contact property Rental end date, but the deal workflow is referencing a custom deal property in its enrollment criteria. HubSpot doesn't automatically synchronize properties between objects even if they have the same name –  so you would have to create that link.

There are two options here. First, you could copy the value from the contact property into the deal property with a workflow like the one below:

karstenkoehler_0-1622604857785.png

Keep in mind that this will update all associated deals of a contact, not just the one you're interested in. This might be fine especially if you always have only one deal associated with a contact. If the relationship is one-to-many, this wouldn't work.

That's why a second option might make sense, recreating your deal-based workflow as a contact-based workflow. You'd still be able to reference the Deal stage in the enrollment criteria and, more importantly, you could create a date-property-centered workflow. (This option is only available for contact-based workflows, not deal-based workflows.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JenWold
Solution
Participant

Nurture Workflow

SOLVE

Hi Karsten!

I think this worked!! I don't have multiple contacts associated with a deal so I copied the property in a separate workflow. I'm getting one more set of eyes to look at it and then I'll turn it on. 😀

Thanks so much.

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

Nurture Workflow

SOLVE

Hi @JenWold! What property stores the date that the 6-month timeframe starts from? And is that field a Deal property or Contact property? Would any other Workflow be suppressing these contacts from joining this Workflow?

I set workflow triggers on custom fields all the time and I'm not sure why this isn't working for you. A little more info or a couple of screenshot of your workflow (if that's ok) would be very helpful. Thanks!

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.