Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Martinwd
Participante

New property for 'last marketing activity date'

resolver

The ‘last activity date’ doesn’t include ‘contact activity’ - such as form submissions, marketing email interaction or page views - and there's no way to create a filter in Lists that reflects such activity. (‘Last activity date’ is defined as “The last time a note, call, email, meeting, or task was logged for a contact.”)

Please can this property be added and made available to Lists?

1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @Martinwd,

The reason why you're not able to select the properties is a difference in property types: date picker vs. date time values, see here. This has been frustrating for other users (including me), too, see this post.

Unfortunately, you'd only have the form submission date going forward with the workflow solution, yes.

To be honest, I hadn't thought about the "Recent conversion date", which stores the date of the last form submission. Using "Recent conversion date", "Last marketing email open date" and "Time last seen", you can build active lists and filters.

For example, you could filter for contacts who:

- have their "Recent conversion date" before [date] or

- have their "Last marketing email open" before [date] or

- have their "Time last seen" before [date]

... and you'd know that these contacts haven't engaged with you since [date].

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @Martinwd,

If your HubSpot subscription includes workflows, there is a workaround for your query.

You'd need to create a custom date picker property "Last form submission date" and use a workflow to set this property to "Date of step" whenever a form is filled ("has filled out any form on any page").

Good news is that there are already properties for the other marketing activity dates:

- "Time last seen" (the last time and date the contact has viewed a page on your website)

- "Last marketing email open date" (the date of the most recent email open for any marketing email)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Martinwd
Participante

resolver

Thank you both for your help.

@karstenkoehler - I've been experimenting with your suggestion, but have hit some problems... using 'date of step' will set the date based on when the workflow executes, not the date of the last form submission. So, it will only work for forms submitted AFTER the workflow is activated, not for forms submitted BEFORE. Do you know how to rectify this?

I've tried to copy the value from the 'recent conversion date' (HubSpot) property, but the 'Last marketing form submission' (custom) date property is not available to select as the property to copy the 'recent conversion date' into. The same happens when I try to copy the value from the 'last marketing email click date' and 'time last seen' (HubSpot) properties.

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Martinwd,

The reason why you're not able to select the properties is a difference in property types: date picker vs. date time values, see here. This has been frustrating for other users (including me), too, see this post.

Unfortunately, you'd only have the form submission date going forward with the workflow solution, yes.

To be honest, I hadn't thought about the "Recent conversion date", which stores the date of the last form submission. Using "Recent conversion date", "Last marketing email open date" and "Time last seen", you can build active lists and filters.

For example, you could filter for contacts who:

- have their "Recent conversion date" before [date] or

- have their "Last marketing email open" before [date] or

- have their "Time last seen" before [date]

... and you'd know that these contacts haven't engaged with you since [date].

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Aleeson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey @Martinwd - Yeah, you're right that there's no collected "marketing email activity date" property, and that generally "last activity" in this context means last activity taken by a user in your portal regarding a Contact.

That said, I can see some merit in this kind of data- Last form submission date (not for a particular form, just in general), last page view date, etc may well be a useful metric to track. That said, we do have the Marketing Email section covered, albeit with its own distinct properties instead of a collated activity property:

marketing.PNG

Now, I may be a HubSpotter, but I'm not involved in the development side of things so I can't make any changes to HubSpot for you, or provide much insight into that process. We do however have a section of the forums for suggesting future changes that our product team does indeed read and make use of for this very purpose: The Ideas Forum. You may get a bit more traction posting this there, if others agree that this is something they would find useful!