Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

cwelch
Participante

New lead scoring issue

resolver

Very surprized at the rollout of new lead scoring (2/4 update)... Until the change, my organization used the lead scoring function to update the "HubSpot Score" property based on activities and list membership. This field was mapped into Salesforce and was one of the criteria used for triggering our MQO processes.  I can't find (neither can HS support apparently) where our old lead scoring criteria exists in this new release.

I was told by support that I can create a new custom property and use lead scoring associated with that property to update it, but that property is not mapped in the Salesforce integration. Do I need to move all previous lead scores to this new custom property and redo lead scoring criteria within that property?  I guess the next step would be to map it in the Salesforce integration as well and replace the old property in all workflows and process builders. Ugh!!!

Anyhow, forgive my rambling. If someone can provide insights and more efficient solutions to pull me back from the cliff, I'd really apprecate it.

Thanks.

1 Solução aceita
cwelch
Solução
Participante

New lead scoring issue

resolver

Final update: The HubSpot team found the issue....  As part of the release, HS now applies scoring directly to the lead score field. I'm sure all in the community could see that, but we couldn't. As such, we didn't have the capability to score on list membership or activities. We thought the functionality was removed - yikes. That was the complaint.

We now find out that the reason was that a prevous administrator for our instance changed the lead score property record type from score to single line text. HS's new lead scoring direction and related development expected the record type of score and when it wasn't, lead scoring functionality failed.

Now that it is fixed and we see all the funcitonality we used to have. Thanks to the HS team for finding and helping to resolve.

Exibir solução no post original

7 Respostas 7
bradmin
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

New lead scoring issue

resolver

Hi, @cwelch. I'm not experiencing the same issue you wrote about. If you had an existing scoring scheme and a mapping to Salesforce, none of that should have been impacted by the change. Instead of a dedicated spot in the navigation for lead scoring, however, your scheme should have been migrated over to the HubSpot Score property, where you can make changes there, if necessary. 

I checked my portal, and the existing scheme and mapping are intact, and changes are pushing to Salesforce from HubSpot. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
cwelch
Participante

New lead scoring issue

resolver

Thank you sir. Stepping back a bit from the edge.

How about using list membership to adjust the "HubSpot score" property? Is that still possible?

0 Avaliação positiva
bradmin

New lead scoring issue

resolver

We're not currently using HubSpot Score in workflows, but the property looks like it can be incremented that way. However, the workflow tool only allows for increments to the property in integers; if you have decimal values, you will not be able to augment the score that granularly with the workflows tool. 

0 Avaliação positiva
cwelch
Participante

New lead scoring issue

resolver

You could never increment the "HubSpot Score" in a workflow. It's an idea requested by many in the community in the past. That would actually be ideal. 

That said, my scenario is: I have list of contacts from an event, I want to add them to HubSpot with a lead score. I used to do this by adding them to a list, then setting a criteria: If membership in LIST A, +20. Unless I'm missing something, I can no longer apply the +20 to a contact based on their membership in a list.
0 Avaliação positiva
bradmin

New lead scoring issue

resolver

I'm sorry about that, and you're absolutely right. I was testing with the property I thought was the HubSpot default, but it was the property representing the Salesforce side of the mapping. Apologies for the confusion.

While this isn't exactly the same thing, you could still use workflows to help increment lead score. You could have a workflow set a value on a custom property, then use that property in your lead scoring scheme. If it's necessary to reuse this value, your workflow can clear the value from the property after a small delay, to give the scoring scheme enough time to fire. 

In your case, you could use the list enrollment to set the property to List A (with or without the clearing out), and your scoring scheme can increment the 20 based on that value in that custom property. 

0 Avaliação positiva
cwelch
Participante

New lead scoring issue

resolver

So I talked to my account manager and there may be an issue with my instance that they're looking hoping will fix my situation. That said, I'm thinking it's not my instance but the intentional changes in this release that are problems. Below...

There used to be an all-encompassing list of my lead scores on one page, positive on left, negative on right. That was a great way to manage them. That seems to be moved to the individual property level. Don't like it, but I'll keep an open mind.

On that page, when creating a score,  there were scoring options based on differen data types (not just properties). Using this ability, I could score on list membership (great for adding scores to contacts in imported lists) and actions. Actions could be anything from website sessions, email clicks/opens, page clicks, etc. I don't see where this functionality lives in the new format.

I certainly may be missing where this functionality is and would be thrilled if someone said "Duh, it's right <here>," but I don't think so. And my account manager didn't know off-hand where it was either.  Anyhow, please anyone let me know if you have insight. Otherwise, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks.

0 Avaliação positiva
cwelch
Solução
Participante

New lead scoring issue

resolver

Final update: The HubSpot team found the issue....  As part of the release, HS now applies scoring directly to the lead score field. I'm sure all in the community could see that, but we couldn't. As such, we didn't have the capability to score on list membership or activities. We thought the functionality was removed - yikes. That was the complaint.

We now find out that the reason was that a prevous administrator for our instance changed the lead score property record type from score to single line text. HS's new lead scoring direction and related development expected the record type of score and when it wasn't, lead scoring functionality failed.

Now that it is fixed and we see all the funcitonality we used to have. Thanks to the HS team for finding and helping to resolve.