Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

THulburd
Participant

Need a better way to track MQLs to closed deals

Trying to find way to work around the limitations of the lifecycle stage and hubspot score to track MQLs to disposition. We have an existing database where prospects may have many aged closed/lost opportunities, so I can't use the existing Lifecycle stage. I tried creating a custom lead score (so I could build a workflow to later reset to 0 since I can't seem to do that with Hubspot score) and used workflow to set custom stage to MQL. Problem is when I try to track progress of MQL through opportunity stage it is picking up the aged opportunities. 

So I thought I could create a workflow to update the lead status based on the Salesforce opportunity createddate, but had to create custom property to capture Salesforce opportunity createddate, but when tried to do that got an error for type mismatch (used date picker). 

Anyone trying to do something similar? It seems to me that the current lifecycle functionality in Hubspot only works when a new contact moves all the way through to closed won! (using Enterprise) 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @THulburd,

@THulburd wrote:

We have an existing database where prospects may have many aged closed/lost opportunities, so I can't use the existing Lifecycle stage.

Could you specify what you mean here? What is the exact outcome you'd like to achieve for these contacts? It sounds like the main challenge is moving contacts back in Lifecycle stage and documenting the same. If so, this has been discussed in another thread: Best Practices for Moving Lifecyles Backwards

There is also related request in the HubSpot Ideas section which you could comment on and upvote. The more popular a request, the higher the likelihood of it being reviewed by the product team.

(Generally you're right, this is a limitation of HubSpot, resetting Lifecycle stage is not recommended by HubSpot.)

One option here would indeed be to create custom properties to document all information about previous sales cycles. Regarding your date property from Salesforce, mapping a Salesforce date or datetime to a HubSpot date picker should work, see here. If you continue to see this error, I'd reach out to HubSpot support.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

THulburd
Participant

What I am trying to accomplish is building funnel reporting. I want to score leads based on their activity, and based on a score assign MQL. I am doing that with a custom property because of the lifecycle issue. But when I assign the MQL, I want to build reporting in Hubspot that shows the current status (in Salesforce) of that MQL. So, I want to be able to see that I generated 10 MQLs, and that as of now, 5 of them are in an opportunity stage, 4 of them are still MQL, and 1 of them is closed/lost. The problem is I can't use the deal opportunity in Hubspot because in Salesforce, a contact may have multiple closed/lost opportunities from the years they have been a prospect, so my funnel reporting doesn't work. 

So then I thought I would map in the Salesforce opportunity createddate and add logic in the workflow to say 'if date of MQL is < salesforceopportunitycreateddate, then set lead status to new opportunity' 

But I ran into the date picker issue which I will reach out to HS support on.