Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Crezo
Participant

Multiple if/then setup based on contact form inputs.

SOLVE

Hi everyone, I'm new to Workflows and having a bit of a nightmare trying to figure this out, so I'm hoping someone can help.

In short, we have a tickbox list in a contact form for contacts to select what products they are interested in. In the individual contacts we have a text field that we need to add a 'y' to if they are interested in a product - so we have all the tick box options as seperate fields (long story, but that's how we need to set it up to run a 2 way sync with an external system we're using).

So in the workflow I've created an IF/THEN and added options for all the tick boxes, and then set the contact property to 'y' if it was ticked by the user in the form. Which I thought was super quick and easy... until I realised the whole process stops as soon as it completes one of the bottom options, rather than running through them all!

I can't seem to figure out how to get it to run through all of these options. As a user may have ticked 3 of the 5 options, so I need it to check one, then check 2, then 3 etc all sequentially.

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 12.43.46.png

Can anyone provide some pointers on how to do this? I can't link the bottom options with 'got to action' otherwise it just sets all values to 'y' without checking to see if they've been ticked in the form or not. I've searched the support sections but can't seem to find any way to do this.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Crezo,

In this case, your best option would actually be to build a separate workflow for each of the branches. It seems counter-intuitive and like much more work but it actually isn't.

In a single workflow, you can only enroll contacts based on whether the "WHAT ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?" property is known. This trigger is too broad to achieve what you're looking for.

In multiple workflows, each workflow can wait for contacts who have a specific value for "WHAT ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?". When a contact selects multiple options (for example Power BI and Azure), both workflows for Power BI and Azure will do their thing and write the value "y" in the respective properties simultaneously. They're not mutually exclusive like workflow branches.

There probably would be a workaround using the "Jump to other action" feature, but it would be convoluted, complicated and a pain to maintain. Create one workflow, for example Power BI, enroll contacts who have the value "Power BI" for "WHAT ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?", write the value "y" into "Product: Power BI" and then clone the workflow for each other product.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Crezo,

In this case, your best option would actually be to build a separate workflow for each of the branches. It seems counter-intuitive and like much more work but it actually isn't.

In a single workflow, you can only enroll contacts based on whether the "WHAT ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?" property is known. This trigger is too broad to achieve what you're looking for.

In multiple workflows, each workflow can wait for contacts who have a specific value for "WHAT ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?". When a contact selects multiple options (for example Power BI and Azure), both workflows for Power BI and Azure will do their thing and write the value "y" in the respective properties simultaneously. They're not mutually exclusive like workflow branches.

There probably would be a workaround using the "Jump to other action" feature, but it would be convoluted, complicated and a pain to maintain. Create one workflow, for example Power BI, enroll contacts who have the value "Power BI" for "WHAT ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?", write the value "y" into "Product: Power BI" and then clone the workflow for each other product.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.