Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Multi Step Forms - Possible??

Occasional Contributor

Hi is it possible to achieve a "multi-step" form through hubspot. The first part of the form would be the basics, First Name, Last Name, Work Email and Company Name. Once the user clicks "Next" we would ask them to fill in more details. If they leave before or after next we will capture their info and assign them to a lifecycle stage and if they finish the next step we will qualify them for a sales call. Is this possible, if so how can I achieve this? TYIA Corazón

Responder
0 Me gusta
11 Respuestas 11
Community Thought Leader

Q: Hi is it possible to achieve a "multi-step" form through hubspot? The first part of the form would be the basics, First Name, Last Name, Work Email and Company Name. Once the user clicks "Next" we would ask them to fill in more details. ?

Short A: HubSpot forms don't have built-in multi-step functionality. And, most known workarounds are either clunky, unreliable, or require code customizations.

Longer A:

We can try to emulate this behavior by chaining forms together using the 'Redirect to another page' functionality upon form completion. Naturally, this workaround requires our forms are customized exclusively for this functionality since the submit button on form #1 would say something like 'Next' ...

(see image -- Step #1)hubspot-simple-2-step-forms.png

- source http://devlp.frankinbound.com/lp-example-2-step-hubspot-form-1-of-2-v1 

That form on the page show above is step #1 of a 2-step form. Here's the problem, or should I say problemS!

- Only works if GDPR is turned off.

- Doesn't pre-populate reliably and therefore doesn't reliably hide previously submitted fields.

- Easily rendered ineffective if visitor opts out of cookies.

I'm sure there are other issues we're leaving out, but that should give you an idea of what you're facing if you try to do this within HubSpot.

Maybe the design guys have a more elegant solution, but that will undoubtedly require code. Our recommendation is to use a forms solution that integrates with HubSpot nicely AND already has this functionality buit-in. (Typeform?)

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

HubSpot Smart Pages

hubspot-solutions-signature-pricing-options-v01.png

Responder
0 Me gusta
Regular Advisor

Thanks for tagging me Frank!

Unfortunately there's no native solution (aside from redirecting from one page to the next) or using a Typeform integration. 

Any other solutions I've seen are custom coded. I created my own module which is easy to use and works quite well (details and demo). I've submitted it to the Template Marketplace and am hoping it'll be approved soon Emoticono feliz 

Stephanie O'Gay GarciaHubSpot Design / Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

CFR
New Contributor

@Stephanie-OG that is beautiful. I went on the page but couldn't find the module so that I can add it to my template. Is it available for download anywhere?

On an unrelated note, it looks like there are few other gems on your site (the Add a "Forward to a Friend" Link to HubSpot Emails looks interesting) so I'll bookmark it. 

Thanks for putting this together. 

Responder
0 Me gusta
Regular Advisor

Thanks @CFR Emoticono feliz

Not yet, I've had issues publishing to the Marketplace (unrelated to the module itself) but I have sold it to a few people directly. Feel free to get in touch if you're interested! 

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot Design / Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

Responder
0 Me gusta
Regular Contributor

@Stephanie-OG , Hi! May I know what it is the name of the module I would like to use it as well?

Responder
0 Me gusta
Regular Advisor

Hi @chrissa0000 - thanks for contacting me! I've replied to your message now.

Responder
0 Me gusta
Regular Contributor

We have created one it is now available in the hubspot marketplace:

https://marketplace.hubspot.com/products/larmahil/multi-step-form-2

Community Thought Leader

Nice looking ... and smooth operation. Particularly like the 'previous' and 'next' ability.

Please post about how much customization work is involved and what you're using to achieve this. Obviously a WP site with an ... HS embedded form? What else? .js?

HubSpot Smart Pages

Responder
0 Me gusta
Regular Contributor

We just submitted it to the Hubspot marketplace for review.  If it is approved it will be available to purchase there.   Our site is a hubspot hosted site not wordpress, and the module does use a combination of css js and hubl code.

Responder
0 Me gusta
Community Thought Leader

Nice. Builtwith reports your site as both HS AND WP ...weird (i guess)

We'll keep an eye out for a link to the Marketplace.

Again, nice work.

HubSpot Smart Pages

Responder
0 Me gusta
Highlighted
New Contributor | Diamond Partner

That's why our company created a simple, intuitive, easy to use multi-step form creator for HubSpot users. We're rolling it out to beta testers. Check it out and see how this HubSpot multistepform wizard works yourself here.

Responder
0 Me gusta