Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

JTengstrom

Monthly email quota and number of contacts

Hello!

I'm confused about the monthly quota the free plan has per 2,000 emails/month and how this is linked to the overall amount of potential clients you have on email lists which obviously could be more than 2,000.

I also want to understand better how marketable and non-marketable contacts are decided so I can plan my marketing strategy better.

Help understanding this better would be appreicated.

Thank you!

John

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
DPassman
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

John,

Hopefully this clears it up. With the free plan, you can send 2,000 emails every month. If you have more contacts than that, you'll have to choose who gets those 2,000 emails. The limit is on the email sends. 

Regarding marketable vs non-marketable contacts, this is only an option in the paid versions of HubSpot. In the free plan, you can't manage that. For your information, the paid plans allow you to manage the number of marketable contacts you have in your system. You can have 1 million contacts, but through workflows and automation rules, you can set contacts as marketable right before you need to send them an email, and then set them as non-marketable once done. This keeps the number of ACTIVE marketable contacts at a low number to avoid incurring additional costs at the end of each month.

If this better answers your question, please let me know by marking this as the "solution." If it doesn't, also let me know and I can perhaps explain it in a different way.

Take care!

David Passman
JTengstrom

This is my second week using Hubspot. And now I'm more confused than ever. There are so many new and made up terms to learn and understand their meaning.

0 Upvotes
NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

Hi John

There is a limit of 1 Million contacts in the free CRM but you may only send 2000 emails on the free tool. 

This switch works similarly to how marketing and non-marketing contacts works.

The marketing contacts are contacts that you can add to an ads audience or send a marketing email to. 

the pricing etc is explained in this article I wrote.

You can store up to 1 Million non-marketing contacts in HubSpot no matter which plan of HubSpot you're on but as you scale up your marketing license, you can send more emails per month. The two limits are not linked but rather the pricing is linked to the number of marketing contacts you may have in your database.

I hope that helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @JTengstrom,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions.
Hi @Tnichs @DPassman @NicoleSengers, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes