Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Keely_okeefe

Making the enrollment trigger "clicked link" in a workflow

SOLVE

Hi!

I am trying to figure out how to make the enrollment trigger for a new workflow "clicked on a link in the previosu email" but I cannot seem to figure out how to make this a property? I have 3 separate workflows in mind but they are all contingent on being able to enroll them based on the user clicking on a landing page within the email. 

Anyone know how to do this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Keely_okeefe,

Emails within a workflow are still considered marketing emails. To create this enrollment criterion,  choose Marketing Emails then pick the email that is specific to that workflow. From there, choose Clicked Link in Email and choose the specific email.

Another way to accomplish this is to make sure that the landing page they're visiting is a unique URL to that email. You can then use Page Views as the enrollment criteria vs email click. Same result, just another way to accomplish it.

If you're using any If/No branches in the workflow, you may end up with people following the No path, because they were sent the email but may not click immediately. In this case, the page view enrollment is a better solution (from what we've experienced).

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Daniel_Bleich
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Keely_okeefe do you mean "clicked link in previous email" as a general action or as aspecific email? 

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Keely_okeefe,

Emails within a workflow are still considered marketing emails. To create this enrollment criterion,  choose Marketing Emails then pick the email that is specific to that workflow. From there, choose Clicked Link in Email and choose the specific email.

Another way to accomplish this is to make sure that the landing page they're visiting is a unique URL to that email. You can then use Page Views as the enrollment criteria vs email click. Same result, just another way to accomplish it.

If you're using any If/No branches in the workflow, you may end up with people following the No path, because they were sent the email but may not click immediately. In this case, the page view enrollment is a better solution (from what we've experienced).

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

mrog99

SOLVE

one option i am considering is to set a timer.

enroll on email sent.

wait for 24 hours.

set the if/then field based on clicked on email.

not perfect but would capture vast majority of clicks and enable SFDC followup in a timely manner. 

0 Upvotes