Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Whitton6
Participant

Making negative scoring for inactivity permanent

SOLVE

Hi,

Looking for advice on how people have implemented negative scoring for inactivity over a period of time or emails. 

Currently, we're using the "sends since last engagement" value and negatively scoring contacts when they fail to engage with 5, 10, 15, and 20 emails. 

Our problem is that these negative scores aren't permanent. Say someone hasn't engaged with 10 emails in a row, they'll be negatively scored by the system accordingly. But, if they engage with email number 11, their "sends since last engagement" value will be reset to 0 and the system will add back on the points it took away because that person no longer satisfies the lead scoring in place. 

Ideally, we'd have it so the system reduces contacts' scores for every 5 emails they don't engage with. This negative scoring would be permanent and would mean we don't need to set up separate ranges for 10, 15, 20 emails, etc.

Would appreciate any advice on how to make negative scoring for inactivity stick.

Thanks!

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Whitton6,

You could create a custom calculation property; the difference between the number of Marketing emails delivered and the number of Marketing emails opened. You can now create rules based on this calculated property. This is effectively the total number of sends without engagement, not the number of sends since the last engagement.

calculation.png

Let me know if this makes sense of if you'd like a more detailed explanation.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Whitton6,

I actually had the same thought but when I tried this earlier, I wasn't able to select Sends since last engagement for re-enrollment. You could try creating active lists of contacts with Sends since last engagement is 5, 10, etc. and use the list membership for (re-)enrollment.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Whitton6,

I actually had the same thought but when I tried this earlier, I wasn't able to select Sends since last engagement for re-enrollment. You could try creating active lists of contacts with Sends since last engagement is 5, 10, etc. and use the list membership for (re-)enrollment.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Whitton6
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me.

I think that's a useful idea and the overall number of emails that haven't been engaged with is now something we'll be implementing on top of our current negative scoring.

Your solution also got me thinking about how else we could use custom values to solve the original problem. Based on this we took the following steps

• Created a custom value called 'Times sends since last engagement reached 5'
  • Separately, we created a workflow that increases this custom value by 1 point every time sends since last engagement reaches 5, 10, 15, 20, 25. The workflow is set to re-enroll contacts whenever they hit the trigger criteria, which seems to be working well
  • Based on this, we've included the 'Times sends since last engagement reached 5' value in our negative lead scoring.

Thanks again for your help!

Luke

Whitton6_0-1610556606386.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Whitton6,

You could create a custom calculation property; the difference between the number of Marketing emails delivered and the number of Marketing emails opened. You can now create rules based on this calculated property. This is effectively the total number of sends without engagement, not the number of sends since the last engagement.

calculation.png

Let me know if this makes sense of if you'd like a more detailed explanation.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler