Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Make a contact list of Free Email Domains?

Highlighted

I know Hubspot allows you to block free email domains on forms, but in an effort to clean junk contacts out of our database (we're at 51K contacts), I want to build a list of all free domain emails to remove them from our database.

I found a list of all the domains here:  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/what-domains-are-blocked-when-using-the-for...

When I create a list based on Contact>Email>Contains, and then paste all of the free domains in, Hubspot just sort of freezes on me, like it's too much information to process.

Is there a way to add Hubspot's existing list of free domains to build a contact list from as an easier way for Hubspot to process this filter?

9 Replies
Regular Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @UnicornMarketer,

Are you using HubSpot's Free CRM only, or do you also have Hubspot Marketing?

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Josh,

Does it make any difference in this case?

0 Upvotes

Yes. I second this request.

There should be an out of the box list of contacts whose email domain is one of the ones listed on this page - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/what-domains-are-blocked-when-using-the-for...

It could be put to many uses. And HubSpot customers won't have to worry about maintaining or updating it. It will be automatically updated everytime HubSpot made a change.

An alternative would be to have a calculated out of the box contact property that is a "yes/no" field. If the contacts email domain is from the email domains to block list the value of that contact property is "yes" (may be the property is called - "Email domain is part of universal block list"

Regular Contributor

Has anyone found a fix for this? For some of our workflows, we would like to filter out free emails.

Hi! Did you ever get a response on this?

Please let me know!

Occasional Contributor

Hi, we're also looking for a response to this. 

We'd like to setup an enrollment trigger of filling out a specific form, then using an If/then branch to treat the list of free email providers differently for our MQL process. 

New Contributor

Hey, I came across this because I'm having a similar problem with a large database. Does anyone know the answer to this problem?

New Contributor

Yes, this needs to be an out-of-the-box list or setting we can use in making lists.

We need more upvotes to get this more attention!

Occasional Contributor

I would like to see this as an automated list managed by HubSpot. It would make our lead automation process so much easier

0 Upvotes